New Job Casual Accounting Clerk I In Alberta
|Casual Accounting Clerk I|
Casual Accounting Clerk I
Company : City of Fort Saskatchewan
Salary : $28.75–$31.59 an hour
Location : Alberta
Reporting to the Revenue Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for processing all cash receipts received at City Hall along with utility and tax inquiries, account reconciliation, and ensuring revenue and GST are recorded properly. This position also provides reception for the front counter at City Hall and possible backup for accounts payable, utilities, taxes and accounts receivable. This position also records and reviews cash receipts for the Library and other City locations. This position requires having open availability and being available with short notice.
- Processing all revenue received over the counter, by mail, night deposit box, or collected by other locations, e.g., CPS, PPW, DCC, Pool, Transfer Station, Museum and Library.
- Processing cash receipts received by direct deposit to City bank account, e.g., telebanking.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering customer queries received at the counter or over the phone regarding utility or tax accounts and other general information.
- Completion of tax certificates by request.
- Process customer requests for water turn on/off and meter installations.
- Follow up on overdue utility accounts and process water disconnection work orders for non-payment.
- Sorting and filing all supporting documentation.
- Assisting other team members in reconciling accounts.
The successful candidate will have 1-3 years related experience dealing with customers, cash handling, multi-tasking, and account reconciling. The ideal candidate will be team orientated and possess exceptional interpersonal and customer relations skills. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) effectively in a positive and courteous manner is essential. The incumbent must work with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a basic knowledge of accounting and have worked with computerized financial systems. Previous experience with Diamond Software, Great Plains or Intelli Point of Sale would be valuable assets in this position.
This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 30, and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Hours of Work: Daytime shifts, Monday to Friday
This position is casual in nature and therefore the number hours of work cannot be forecasted.
Fort Saskatchewan, home to more than 27,000 people, is a vibrant economic and cultural hub located in Treaty 6 Territory and Métis Nation of Alberta Region 4, just 15 minutes northeast of Edmonton. The City of Fort Saskatchewan proudly manages recreation, culture and historic amenities including a performing arts theatre and a fitness centre within the Dow Centennial Centre and the historic 1875 – 1885 NWMP Fort Representation in the heart of downtown. Located on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River, Fort Saskatchewan boasts more than 80 km of paved trails along with many natural areas for residents to explore. As a City, we believe in diversity and inclusion and are working toward creating a city where all residents are respected and have a sense of belonging.
The City of Fort Saskatchewan thanks all applicants for their interest and advises those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?