New Job Carpenter In Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
- Be part of dynamic team that is safety driven and values work-life balance.
- We reward hard work through professional training and career opportunities.
- Experience (CFS) Alert, located in the Canadian Arctic.
Where you will be working
CFS Alert is the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement in the world. It is currently a military station located in Nunavut on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. The area features beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna which thrives all year long. CFS Alert is a true cold gem located in the Canadian Arctic that only a few get to see.
- Repair, replace and install traffic signs within CFS Alert and the airfield as required
- Repair structural and architectural components
- Repair efforts must be continued until systems are operational
- Accurately record all work orders undertaken
- Employees may be requested to participate in fire brigade duties; full training and additional compensation would apply
- 5 years of experience
- Red Seal Carpenter
- Must be eligible for RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre-employment medical
- As overnight stay in Thule Greenland is a requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
- Salary rate: $42.05 - $44.26 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- An additional $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked
- All positions are Fly In/Fly out.
- Typical Rotations are 8x8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
We provide exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defense (DND). Nasittuq Corporation offers Indigenous applicants who want to start on a new path or further their career opportunities for development. These programs include formal apprenticeship programs and informal in-house training and development opportunities.
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process.
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQTUT ILAGIJAUQATAULLUTIK NUNAVUT NUNANGANNI NUNALIRINIRNMUT ANGIRUTIUSIMAJUNUT SIVULLIQPAUTAUNIAQTUT IQQANAIJAAQTAARTITAUJUNNAQTUNUT. IKAJUQTURPATSI IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQATAUJUSI NALUNAIQSIQULLUSI ILAGIJAUQATAUNITSINNIK
.ᐱᓇᔪᒃᑐᑦ ᓄᓇᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᓄᓇᑖᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᖏᖃᑎᒌᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ. ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᓂᕈᐊᒐᒃᓴᖁᑎᑎᑦ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᓂᕐᓂᒃ.