New Job Buyer In Saskatchewan
Company : Union Tank Car Company - UTLX
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
WHO WE ARE:
Marmon Holdings, Inc., part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is one of the world’s most innovative and impactful industrial organizations. Marmon comprises more than 100 manufacturing and service businesses serving diverse industries and markets across the globe. With 23,000+ team members, 400+ facilities in 20+ countries, and $10 billion+ in annual revenue, Marmon may be the biggest company you’ve never heard of. Until now!
This position is part of the Marmon Rail Division and will be assigned to a repair shop location either at Union Tank Car Company or Transco Railway Products, Inc. - North America locations, or Procor, at one of their Canadian locations. This position will report to the Purchasing Manager.
Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive repair network across the country. The fleet has grown to include more than 30,500 special purpose tank and freight cars.
As an individual contributor, the Site Buyer will plan and procure material to meet internal stakeholder requirements at an optimal cost. The Site Buyer will purchase goods/services according to support customer needs, departmental and Procurement organizational agreements/contracts, and Marmon policies and procedures.
Primary responsibilities and/or essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Tactical creation and issuance of POs to approved suppliers based on ERP system demand.
- Maintains accurate PO information and delivery dates in the ERP system.
- Set-up, execution, and maintenance of ordering parameters and ERP data.
- Work with the supplier and internal Marmon resources to set up internal and supplier-held Kanbans.
- Ensure adherence to price and lead time established by contract.
- Monitor supplier delivery performance, days on hand, and related quality issues.
- Monitor inventory levels to avoid potential excess, obsolescence, and shortages.
- Oversee Inventory Policy through ABCD classification and use of proper planning parameters.
- Adjust forecasts and planning parameters as required including safety stocks, reorder points, minimum orders etc. in adherence with Marmon guidelines.
- Participate in cost savings efforts (i.e. Freight, Packaging, Price).
- Assist where required to expedite POs and confirm delivery.
- Review and release purchase requisitions.
- Resolve supplier and data issues (i.e. Price discrepancies, invoice discrepancies, receiving issues).
- Participate in daily production and planning meetings.
- Secure Corrective Actions and execute the RMA process when applicable.
- Coordinate Engineering changes with suppliers, Material Planning, and Engineering for purchased parts.
- Daily coordination of information between production, purchasing, and shipping.
- Provides availability, pricing, and shipping information.
- Generates daily, weekly, and monthly metric reports.
- Manage supplier-held inventory programs.
- Develop in-depth knowledge on parts/commodities managed to aid in expedites and suggest part deviations to resolve shortages and mitigate high risk situations.
- Work with Commodity Managers, Operations and Engineering on supplier transitions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical operations and calculations.
- Familiarity with consignment inventory, receiving and quality best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications particularly with Excel.
- Ability to wear safety equipment such as, but not limited to safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hats, ear plugs and respirators.
- Ability to see and hear the visual and audio safety warnings in the plant.
- Ability to bend, stoop and stretch to perform tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Procurement, Purchasing, Planning or Materials Management.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our company strives to be the Employer of Choice. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Company Paid Benefits: Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Pension and RRSP with generous company match and additional employer annual contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perk Programs: computer rebate, fitness rebate, education subsidy
- Vacation Benefits
Please note the duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.