New Job Building Operator In Alberta
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $39.57–$41.65 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Building Operator schedules and directs maintenance functions and ensures compliance to established policies and procedures, OH&S and Level of Service Agreements. The Building Operator provides direction, guidance, support and leadership to the Maintenance staff within the section.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A graduate of post secondary education in a related mechanical, construction, or electrical field, or Building Operations/Management
- Power Engineering Certification of at least 5th class
- Must successfully pass all safety certificate courses currently required and others to be defined by the Province or the City
- Supervisory Skills or Leadership certification would be an asset.
- Fall Arrest, Aerial Lift, WHMIS, First Aid and CPR, Confined Space
- 5 years of mechanical maintenance experience
- 2 years including demonstrated understanding of HR related policies, motivation and leadership.
- Require well-developed verbal and written communications skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and co-operate with colleagues as a team, to understand and follow instructions and to provide guidance and instructions to reporting staff
- Must be physically fit in order to climb ladders, work at heights, open and close valves, lift, bend and twist in awkward positions
- Strong computer aptitude including demonstrated proficiency with work management systems, building management systems, spreadsheets and word-processing software
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to accurately use a wide range of monitoring and testing equipment
- Ability to work inside and outside in all types of weather and in conditions which may be noisy, dirty, wet, cold, hot and disagreeable
- Ability to exercise care when working near traffic and construction equipment
- Be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics and maps
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
$39.57 to $41.65 per hour.
Hours of Work:
80 hours biweekly, Monday to Friday. On-call rotation. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.