New Job Branch Manager In Quebec
Company : iA Groupe financier / iA Financial Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Retail Banking & Branch Management/Telework or Hybrid/Permanent/Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto
Do you like juggling multiple priorities, being in contact with multiple stakeholders, all while using your problem-solving skills? The retail banking & branch management team at iA Private Wealth needs you to support their mission.
Reporting to the Senior Branch Manager, the Branch Manager oversees all aspects of branch compliance supervision and its continuous improvement.
Your responsibilities will include:
Ensuring compliance with corporate policies and industry regulatory bodies, as well as developing & maintaining relationships with Advisors by:
- Performing Tier 1 Supervision of registrants in assigned branches.
- Conducting annual branch site visits to review branch practices and offer solutions.
- Preparing branch site visit reports of findings and follow up for resolution of deficiencies as well as other branch reports as required
- Reviewing daily, monthly, and quarterly activity blotters.
- Approving KYC updates and new accounts.
- Staying informed regarding industry trends and issues.
- Reviewing and following up on all head office corporate audits to ensure compliance and attention to deficiencies and providing responses back to head office.
- Ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place and functional.
- Proactively identifying and implementing any process and procedural improvements.
- Holding monthly meetings with advisors under supervision.
- Training Advisors and Support Staff on new and existing applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of evidence of supervisory reviews, approvals and activities, such as inquiries made, replies received, actions taken, date of completion, etc.
- Identifying patterns and on-going concerns to be addressed through training initiatives.
- Facilitating an escalation process for Advisors, and for other issues and concerns, with applicable iA Private Wealth departments and service teams.
Your career path looks like this:
- University degree or equivalent post-secondary education;
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry, more specifically in an environment regulated by IIROC;
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and of the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH);
- Completion of the Branch Managers Course is mandatory;
- Options Licensing and Supervisors Course will be required;
- Must be able to be licensed as a Supervisor/Registered Representative (RR Supervisor);
- Ability to understand and interpret applicable Regulatory legislation;
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent language skills in French and English, both oral and written, for frequent interactions with English and French speaking colleagues and internal/external partners across Canada
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Contribution to your financial security for retirement
- Flexible working model
- A health and well-being program (ergonomic office equipment provided free of charge, telemedicine app, etc.)
- A team dedicated to Employee Experience (iA is one of the best employers in Canada according to Forbes 2023)
- A motivated and performant team
- A company share purchase plan
- And many more!
Do you want to join a team where collaboration is at the heart of its activities? Apply now!
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.