New Job Bilingual Registered Nurse (Rn) - Member Advocate In British Columbia
|Bilingual Registered Nurse (RN) - Member Advocate|
Bilingual Registered Nurse (RN) - Member Advocate
Company : Teladoc Health Canada Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
As the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health is passionate about taking care of people. We have been providing care in Canada for over two decades to more than 9 million Canadians and 85,000 plan sponsors. We deliver care across 175 countries (over 51 million members globally), living our mission to empower all people to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience. Levering digital technology, we provide whole-person care that spans every stage in a person’s health journey from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs. Our Canadian team has doubled in size over the last two years, and our growth is expected to rapidly continue as we transcend the landscape of future healthcare.
The Bilingual Member Advocate (French/English required) is an integral part of a specialized tactical operations team comprised of clinical operations support coordinators, medical records coordinators, physicians, and nurses that facilitates the delivery of healthcare information to Teladoc members. This is a case management position focused on optimizing clinical quality and ensuring the highest level of member satisfaction on all cases across the full spectrum of Teladoc service lines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide first level clinical contact with member
- Direct members to the most appropriate Teladoc service based on their medical condition and clinical status and sets appropriate members’ expectations about service delivery
- Obtain and document a comprehensive health history by leading members through a systematic and dynamic intake to collect all relevant data about their current health condition and past medical history for the provision of services
- Identify the relevant medical data to be collected for the purpose of service delivery
- Provide ongoing clinical support, resources, and guidance in the navigation of the health care system throughout the duration of services
- Provide clear, concise communication on services’ progression to members with a focus on providing the highest level of customer service
- Work in partnership with the clinical team as needed in support of case progression
- Utilize technology to ensure case coordination and integrity of information documenting all internal and external communications (verbal and written)
- Use clinical judgment in the review of complex medical issues to ensure accuracy of clinical summaries/reports prepared by global internal and external physicians
- Efficiently raise concerns regarding cases to clinical operations leadership
- Use clinical knowledge in the review of Teladoc reports with members explaining diagnosis/treatment recommendations, acronyms, and medical jargon
- Accountable for meeting aggressive service standards for speed of case progression, quality, and member satisfaction measured via individual and team scorecards
- Ensure compliance with privacy legislation (PIPEDA, PHIPA) rules and regulations with all parties encountered in the service delivery
- Ensure adherence to processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Obtain and maintain additional provincial nursing licenses and requirements as necessary (paid for and directed by Teladoc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with 5+ years’ experience
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in acute (ER or ICU) or oncology care or non-acute care (medical and surgical)
- Must be fully bilingual French & English
- Currently in good standing with the provincial governing body
- Solid direct care experience and strong clinical knowledge base
- Excellent written, verbal, and documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask with ease
- Standout colleague with strong interpersonal skills
- Quality driven with a focus on flawless customer service
- Competent using office productivity software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat), EMR’s and browser-based software applications to search for information and enter data
- Multiple provincial nursing licenses are an asset
- Case management and business administration experience preferred with a good understanding of the importance of clients’ needs
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
At Teladoc Health we thrive on difference and individuality. Teladoc Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for any stage of the recruitment process / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please reach out to us at [email protected]
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- registered nurse: 3 years (required)
- French (required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6H 3X8