New Job Arena Operator ( Pats Block) In Saskatchewan
|Arena Operator ( Pats Block)|
Arena Operator ( Pats Block)
Company : Regina Exhibition Association Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Status: Part-Time Vacancies: up to 3
Shift: Shift times will align with game days; Block Commitment Sept 2023 - March 2024 plus potential for playoffs
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
REAL finds itself in the enviable position of managing one of the most interesting and versatile connected spaces in North America with an opportunity to impact the lives of millions by creating life-long memories and delivering exceptional experiences.
Reporting to the Manager, Program Operations, the Arena Operator is responsible for operating machinery on a daily basis to ensure that the playing ice surfaces meet or exceed a high standard for all user groups (e.g. guests, customers and the public). The Arena Operator supports the recreational facilities by ensuring that all facility areas are clean, healthy and are considered safe environments for all. Other functions include the cleaning and maintenance of the ice surface; assisting with the arena building; and the set-up and take down for public and private functions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct thorough and proper ice making and maintenance including but not limited to:
- Preparing arenas for ice installation
- Flooding ice
- Performing ice thickness and temperature checks
- Tracking and maintaining equipment and supplies
- Operating Zamboni
- Assisting in removal and converting surfaces
- Maintaining facility cleanliness and ensuring all equipment is in good order through proper repairs and maintenance
- Performing other duties as allocated.
- Perform a safety and security check of facilities on a daily basis.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO ALL REGINA PATS HOME GAMES:
- Grade 12 or a combination of relevant education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in performing the function of ice making and sport surface maintenance is an asset.
- Experience in multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a Valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Provincial driver's license.
- Knowledge of ice making, and sport surface maintenance is an asset.
- Knowledge of labour code, work standards and occupational health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate various playing surface equipment & Scissor lift is an asset. Proven knowledge and experience of WHIMIS program is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to change
- Strong decision-making skills required
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
- Note that this position is an in-scope position under the RWDSU Collective Agreement. Shift start & stop times and scheduled days may be adjusted during course of employment, based on operational requirements.
- Ability to operator heavy equipment; Zamboni and Edger's.
WHY CHOOSE REAL?
Here at REAL, we can offer unique experiences unlike any other organization:
Make a difference in your own community.
Be a part of an industry responsible to create fun and memorable moments for our guests.
A wide range of employment opportunities to fit your own lifestyle – whether that's committing to us in a full-time capacity or more of a casual role that is event specific and tailored around your own availability.
We offer competitive wages and industry standard benefits.
Matching Group RRSP plan.
Ability to obtain free tickets to a wide variety of sporting and entertainment events.
Discounts during events you participate in as a guest.
For more information visit our website at www.realdistrict.ca. Submit resumes by July 25, 2023 via the link provided.
Please click the link to apply:
While REAL appreciates the interest by all applicants, only those selected to advance to the next stage will be contacted. Note preference will be given to internal applicants holding existing REAL RWDSU seniority.