New Job After School Child Care Program Assistant - Saint John In New Brunswick
|After School Child Care Program Assistant - Saint John|
After School Child Care Program Assistant - Saint John
Company : Go-Go Group Inc.
Salary : $16.00–$24.47 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Go-Go Group Inc. is proud to be among New Brunswick's largest private childcare providers. The company, which operates as Go-Go After School, Go-Go Preschool, Go-Go Events, and Go-Go Gymnastics, is an innovative childcare program initiative that focuses on quality programming. Our Go-Go childcare programs currently operate out of 17 locations across New Brunswick, servicing 850+ children/day. We are passionate about what we do; and committed to quality in all aspects.
Go-Go After School is hiring a part-time After School Child Care Program Assistant!
About the position - we are looking to hire a part-time individual that appreciates children, treats them with respect, and enjoys being with them. The successful candidate will deliver quality learning programs and activities for school-aged children. If you love focusing on children’s unique interests and helping them to learn and grow - this position will be a great opportunity for you.
This is a part-time, primarily 4–6-hour shift position with the opportunity for full time hours during summer and camp weeks. The hours of the position during the school year are Monday-Friday from 1:30-5:30.
Our hourly wage for this position ranges from $16-$24.47:
· $16-$24.47 (based on experience) - Candidate does not need to hold a University Degree, Early Childhood Education certificate or equivalent.
What we can offer you:
· Vacation pay at 4% added on top of your hourly wage.
· Staff discounts on childcare, gymnastics, and events programs.
· Consistent schedule - no evenings, weekends, or holidays worked.
· A friendly and experienced management team.
· Professional Development hours
· Innovative indoor and outdoor facilities.
· A role within a well-respected, locally active business within the community.
· A welcoming environment where children and staff are encouraged to grow and reach their full potential.
· Lots of chances to participate in community events, fundraisers, charitable organization events, etc.
· Access to a dynamic, growing local company with a robust leadership team, training, and opportunities.
· Opportunities to engage within the Fredericton area with our many community partners.
· Providing safe, quality, and exceptional childcare programming to the children in our care.
· Creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere in our program for children and their families.
· Documenting and writing reports for safety, daily checklists, etc.
· Communicating effectively with children, parents, and co-workers.
· Always maintaining confidentiality.
· Ensure the children in your care are happy, safe, and healthy at all times.
· Previous childcare experience is considered an asset.
· Shares Go-Go’s philosophy of treating children with respect and dignity: always taking the time to carefully listen to them.
· Good communication skills.
· Would be described by your friends as a leader.
· Workplace First Aid with CPR C and AED certification.
· Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector clearance.
· Social Development Check.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please reply to this ad with the following:
· An up-to-date resume.
· A quick note to tell us about yourself and why you feel this position would be a good fit.
· Three professional, supervisory references.
· Please reference the position you are applying for in your email title.
Are you looking to learn more about us? We are active online; and you can check out what we have been up to on our website at gogogym.com, and also our corporate after school Facebook Page named: Go-Go After School.
If you have any questions, or we can assist in any way; be sure to reach out to us by phone at (506) 455-5496.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Salary: $16.00-$24.47 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Tell us about your experience working with children
- Do you currently reside in Saint John, New Brunswick?
- ARE YOU CONSISTENTLY AVAILABLE FOR the 2023/24 school year (September 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024) MONDAY TO FRIDAY 1:30PM - 5:30PM?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2022-06-24