New Job Administrative Clerk In Nunavut
Company : Nasittuq Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nunavut
Join Nasittuq for a unique and rewarding experience!
Nasittuq provides Operation & Maintenance services for the North Warning System (NWS). The NWS is a joint Canada and United States early-warning radar system with 47 sites located in Northern Canada; a Control Centre and Support Centre located in North Bay, ON and a Contract Management Office located in Ottawa, ON.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Site Administration Clerk position is responsible for the Logistics Support Site (LSS) mail, faxes, emails, and work orders. Also, this position attends to third party support individuals’ needs, operates office equipment, and provides administrative support to the LSS Manager.
Please note: This is a full time, Unionized rotational position. The candidate must be comfortable working in colder climates, during a 6 week on, 6 week off rotation schedule. All travel to/from site, including board and meals, is provided.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail; and, send, receive and distribute faxes, e-mails and work orders
- Input data for time accounting, daily status reports, and work order management
- Book travel, accommodations and coordinate rotations
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Organize passenger transportation to and from airstrip as applicable
- Review scheduling and handle all site travel arrangements
- Maintain visitor log and ensure all third party support individuals’ needs are attended
- Typing, word processing and other related clerical duties, operate other office equipment, prepare special reports and forms as required, and control site keys
- Point of contact for time accounting queries
- Performs other tasks that are unplanned or transient in nature.
EDUCATION: Completion of high school or combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATE(S) / LICENSE(S): Must have a valid driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE: Previous administrative/clerical experience
KNOWLEDGE OF: Requires knowledge of administration/clerical functions and scheduling procedures
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Solid keyboarding skills in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and familiarity with office equipment. Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize job requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills using appropriate discretion and tact in dealing with Senior Management staff and visitors.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 48 hours work week, additional overtime eligible
- costs associated with travel to and from site are covered
- private bedroom accommodations and meals provided on site
- benefits plan after 3 month probation period (extended health, dental, vision, disability, life) and pension plan, contributions matched by employer (5%)
- arctic gear is provided
- annual safety footwear allowance ($175)
- vacation pay (6%)
Qualified and interested candidates please apply!
Nasittuq is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Inuit Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
APPLICANTS WHO ARE ENROLLED UNDER AN INUIT NUNANGAT LAND CLAIMS AGREEMENT WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY HIRING. WE ENCOURAGE APPLICANTS TO SELF-IDENTIFY.
IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQTUT ILAGIJAUQATAULLUTIK INUIT NUNANGANNI NUNALIRINIRNMUT ANGIRUTIUSIMAJUNUT SIVULLIQPAUTAUNIAQTUT IQQANAIJAAQTAARTITAUJUNNAQTUNUT. IKAJUQTURPATSI IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQATAUJUSI NALUNAIQSIQULLUSI ILAGIJAUQATAUNITSINNIK.
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᖅᑐ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᖃᑕᐅᓪᓗᑎᒃ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᓄᓇᖓᓐᓂ ᓄᓇᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᖏᕈᑎᐅᓯᒪᔪᓄᑦ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᖅᐸᐅᑎᑕᐅᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕐᑎᑕᐅᔪᓐᓇᖅᑐᓄᑦ. ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᕐᐸᑦᓯ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᖃᑕᐅᔪᓯ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᖁᓪᓗᓯ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᖃᑕᐅᓂᑦᓯᓐᓂᒃ.
Nasittuq provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.