New Job Administrative Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $43,462–$49,704 a year
Location : Manitoba
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
All Government of Manitoba Departments
Various Branches, Various Divisions
Advertisement Number: 41262
Salary(s): AY3 $43,462.00 - $49,704.00 per year
Closing Date: October 29, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Preference consideration may be given to current employees of the Manitoba Public Service.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect until March 31, 2024. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate (s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
This competition will be used to fill positions at the Administrative Assistant 3 level of varying employment opportunities. Language requirements, security requirements, conditions of employment and work location may vary depending on the needs of the position(s) being staffed. Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered for positions on an underfill basis.
Some Administrative Assistant 3 positions are designated as bilingual. For these positions, the successful candidate must be able to read, write and verbally communicate in both official languages (English and French).
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. This application form is available in multiple formats upon request. Please email [email protected] with your accessibility request
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector Search may also be required), Adult Abuse Registry Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and/or enhanced security screening may be required for some positions
- Training in, and/or experience performing various administrative, clerical and reception type duties such as, but not limited to: word processing, processing incoming and outgoing mail, receiving and distributing information, filing, managing calendars, coordinating meetings, answering phones, etc.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Strong written communication skills with experience drafting, proofreading, editing and/or formatting correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively manage tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in French.
Duties may include:
- Providing administrative and secretarial support for executive and senior management, scheduling and meeting coordination, tracking events and using bring forward files, receiving, screening and directing inquiries;
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing and tracking systems;
- Managing a high traffic inbox and moderating document version control;
- Formatting, editing and proofing documents.
Note: Duties are subject to vary based on position and can include providing other clerical/administrative support as required.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.