New Job Active Living Coordinator In Nova Scotia
|Active Living Coordinator|
Active Living Coordinator
Company : St. Mary's Municipality
Salary : $32,000–$40,000 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Position Title: ACTIVE LIVING COORDINATOR
Reports to: Director Community Development & Recreation
Classification: Permanent/Full-Time (35hrs/wk)/Salary
Salary Range: $32,000-$40,000 (This is a cost shared position with the Province of Nova Scotia as
outlined through a Memorandum of Understanding)
Benefits: Group Medical Benefits, Pension, participation in Employee Wellness Program, three weeks’ vacation & sick days.
The Municipality is seeking an enthusiastic candidate to fill the role of Active Living Coordinator for St.
Mary’s. This position will be responsible for implementing the St. Mary’s Active Living Plan in accordance with the St. Mary’s Recreation Master Plan. The Active Living Coordinator will be responsible for the organization of a wide variety of programs, activities and events in St. Mary’s. The Active Living
Coordinator will manage the St. Mary’s Fitness Centre Fob Program, develop policies to enable residents of St. Mary’s to be more active in their everyday life and create relationships with organizations committed to active living within the Municipality.
Duties of the Position:
▪ Develop and coordinate the delivery of various active living programs throughout St. Mary’s
▪ Outreach and engage with underserved populations, finding ways to increase access and participation in active living opportunities.
▪ Assist with and/or coordinate special events as needed with the intention to support and implement active living opportunities within the events.
▪ Coordinate the delivery of municipal Summer Day Camp, with a focus on active living programming.
▪ Manage the St. Mary’s Fitness Centre Fob program. This includes scheduling and ensuring regular preventative maintenance, orientation of new users, overseeing use and ensuring members follow facility procedures and rules, completion of Personal Training Certification and providing additional support to fob users.
▪ This position is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the St. Mary’s Active
Living Strategy. This strategy has actions under the following 5 goals: Active Opportunities for all
Residents, Foster an Active Love of the Outdoors, Support and Promote Active Transportation,
Actively Promote Community Awareness and Partnerships, Monitoring and Updating of Strategy. An annual work plan will be developed in partnership between the Community Development and
Recreation Director and Active Living Coordinator to identify annual projects from within the Active
▪ Management of Municipality’s Equipment Loan Program.
▪ Upkeep of Municipality’s Highland Connect records.
▪ Development and delivery of Municipality’s internal Workplace Wellness Program.
▪ Ongoing promotion of active living to residents and decision makers.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in: Recreation & Leisure Services Management, Community Development, Human
Kinetics or related field, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the ability to be effective in the position.
- Past experience in municipal recreation or related work would be an asset.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Required to have experience in coordinating initiatives, project management, planning, evaluation, research and working with community groups.
- Requires excellent public relations and communication skills, both oral and written. As well as proven training/experience in recreation and organizing and implementing recreation programs and activities.
- Must possess strong supervisory, planning, organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills are essential with required competencies in Microsoft Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint, Excel and potentially other computer programs.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of team.
Applications should include a resume with 3 references attached (one must be a professional reference) and a 350-word essay describing what three initiatives from the Active Living Strategy you would implement within the first 6 months if you were the successful candidate.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on Friday, July 28th, 2023, or until the position is filled.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications accepted by:
Email to: [email protected]
Mailed to: 8296 HWY 7, PO Box 296, Sherbrooke NS, B0J 3C0
Faxed to: 902-522-2309
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-07-28
Expected start date: 2023-08-21