New Job User Interface Development Team Lead -Halifax - Remote In Nova Scotia
|User Interface Development Team Lead -Halifax - Remote|
User Interface Development Team Lead -Halifax - Remote
Company : Siemens
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
About Charging-As-A-Service (CaaS)
CAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, CAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. CAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What will you do?
In the role of User Interface Development Team Lead within the Fleet Management team of CAAS, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the development of the User Interface focused on streamlining a Fleet Operator’s daily tasks. Enhancing customer user experience and providing products that delight is our primary focus. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing development team within an exciting domain. This individual will lead the UI development activities and work closely with a core team of backend developers and QA professionals to ensure the resulting product meets requirements, passes quality gates, scales as needed and is a joy to use.
- Guide and contribute to engineering efforts to solve complex engineering problems in user interface development and testing
- Working with an Agile development methodology, contribute to in-sprint development, testing and automation initiatives
- Design and implement high quality user interfaces
- Implement unit tests to ensure a high code quality and coverage metric across UI codebase
- Work through debugging defects as identified and reported, identifying root cause and resolving to meet functional expectations
- Investigate, debug and resolve system functionality and performance issues
- Participate in code reviews, retrospectives, and lunch-and-learns
- Analyze requirements and breakdown tasks to be allocated across team members
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Complete and maintain documentation of continually improving user interface development processes
- Monitor and communicate team status, raising issues and proposing resolutions
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years experience in software product development, primarily focused on UI development
- 2+ years leading a team of UI developers
- 3-4 years of expert knowledge in the Angular framework and component-based architecture
- Proficient in writing Typescript code
- Experience with producing Micro Frontend applications, leveraging single-spa and Module Federation
- Comfort with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) approaches
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with Git
- Experience working with agile development teams
- Backend development experience considered an asset (Node.JS, Python, GoLang, Java)
- Experience with cloud technologies considered an asset (AWS)
- Results driven individual with strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Versatile and fast learner, with a passion for quality software and able to collaborate across teams
- Ability to schedule and prioritize for multiple assignments simultaneously
- Comfort with task tracking software such as Jira
- Take pride in your craft and understand what it means to ship high-quality code
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.