New Job Team Lead, Warehousing Services In Alberta
|Team Lead, Warehousing Services|
Team Lead, Warehousing Services
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,177–$5,433 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 43475
Ministry: Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: Monday, June 19, 2023
Classification: Administration 1
We play an integral role in government operations with responsibilities for information technology, information management policy and standards, service delivery, financial operations, and procurement. If you work for the Alberta Public Service, you also rely on Service Alberta & Red Tape Reduction for employee services such as payroll and benefits.
Every Service Albertan strives to enable the success of our Ministry partners and Albertans through providing exceptional client focused services that meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. We are looking for collaborative, agile, solutions focused individuals with strong communication skills and a strong service orientation. If that describes you, please read on!
Do you have a passion for offering excellent supply chain customer service? Do you have a vision of better inventory and materials management in a warehousing and distribution environment? Would you like leading a group of people committed to these goals be your dream team?!? If yes, we are looking for you!
Shared services delivery model commits to high quality services, accountable customer and business partnerships and cost-effective service delivery through the best use of resources and innovation. Surplus Sales and Warehousing team works in partnership with all stakeholders, customers, business partners and employees to implement standards and service delivery approaches that best meet the needs and expectations of the service providers and the service recipients.
Under the direction of the Director of Surplus Sales and Warehousing; the incumbent is responsible as Team Lead to manage the Warehousing Services section providing services to government ministries.
Specific responsibilities of the Team Lead, Warehousing Services role include:
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Day-to-day operations leading the section including work scheduling, supervision of stock keepers, and inventory control.
- Manages resources to ensure delivery of warehousing and distribution services, provides advice and expertise to staff, ensures services activities are performed within government regulations and liaises between procurement and client ministries to ensure effective service is provided.
- Identifies issues impacting processes within the section for resolution to ensure continuity of service and recommends improvements for continuous improvements.
- Provides information and monthly reports to Surplus Sales and Warehousing management regarding all section activities.
- Provides input into annual budget preparation, provides monthly forecasts and variance explanation.
- Ensures staff distribution is accurate and updated as required and develops and manages Operations Plan.
Other requirements include:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience as well as, supervisory and/or project management experience.
- Material and Asset Management
- Warehouse & Logistics Management
- Inventory Management systems experience
- Budget Preparation, forecasting and reconciliation
- Supervisory Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Forklift certification, Supply Chain Management experience/certification, or a related field- plus two years related experience; or equivalent as described.
Directly related experience or education considered based on:
- 1 year of experience for 1 year of education; or
- 1 year of education for 1 year of experience
- Experience of inventory management and budget preparation
- Experience with establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of government decision-making, implementation, warehousing, distribution, and procurement practices
- Experience with identifying potential clients and service offerings the unit can provide or expand to provide to stakeholders
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Systems Thinking: you will consider how work completed can impact a variety of other groups/projects inside and outside the Alberta Public Service.
- Creative Problem Solving: you will assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
- Agility: you will need to provide results in a complex, diverse, and changing environment.
- Drive for Results: you will work with your team to set goals and priorities and to deliver outcomes that are consistent with the direction of the department.
- Develop Networks: you will proactively build networks, connect, and build trust in relationships with different stakeholders.
- Build Collaborative Environments: you will lead and contribute to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
- Develop Self and Others: you will drive by example a team culture that is focused on continuous learning and growth and encourage self-development through experience sharing.
$2,088.33- $2,716.64 bi-weekly ($54,505-70,904 per year)
Applications must include a well-written cover letter and resume that indicates how your experience aligns with and what from your experience you would bring to this position, to be considered for this competition.
Currently, there is one permanent position available.
This position is located at Bonaventure Workshop; 12944-146 Street, Edmonton, AB T5L 2H7.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening.
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Promotion and development opportunities in the organization
Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants
It is recommended applicants who have completed post-secondary studies from outside of Canada obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
Applicants are encouraged to include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Liliane Karara at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check