New Job Survey Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : Meridian Surveys
Salary : $17–$20 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Who we are:
Over the years, the resource-rich prairie provinces of Canada have grown and prospered. Meridian Surveys has grown with them, becoming a leader in the surveying industry by remaining at the forefront of surveying and mapping technology, and translating that technology into client solutions.
We are seeking a Land Survey Assistant for our Melfort Office.
Meridian Surveys has offices in major centers across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, as well as projects throughout Western Canada.
We do surveys for clients large and small – from private individuals requiring a boundary survey to commercial/industrial clients with larger scale projects.
We offer competitive wages, an above market benefits program, and matched pension plan.
Who you are:
Well organized, adaptable, attentive to detail, hard-working and dedicated.
Must be inclined to time on the road and capable of overtime and occasional weekend work.
Grade 12 education or higher
Experience in Land Surveying, Oil & Gas and/or Construction is preferred
ATV/ UTV Operator Training
Work Environment, Mental & Physical Demands:
- Outdoor work environment in all weather conditions (-40C to +40C)
- High possibility of working around heavy equipment
- Interactions with pets and/or livestock
- Must be able to make decisions while occasionally working alone
- Must be able to read maps
- Must be able to communicate clearly with others (written or spoken)
- Walking, climbing and balancing on all types of terrain throughout the day
- Frequent carrying and use of equipment up to 20 lbs
- Occasional carrying and use of equipment up to 50 lbs
- Frequent use of hammers (2-8 lbs)
- Overtime based on workload or location
- Frequent travel
- Frequent use of arm strength to pound in markers/pins/stakes/post
- Possible exposure to loud noises
- Constant communication (spoken, written, reading)
- Overtime as required based on workload
Wages will be dependant on experience and certificates.
Drug and alcohol testing will be required
Only those who hold valid Canadian work permits will be considered for interviews.
While we appreciate all resumes, only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Meridian Surveys is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- MELFORT, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- surveying: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-12