New Job Support Clerk, Summer Student In Alberta
|Support Clerk, Summer Student|
Support Clerk, Summer Student
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $26.29 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1627
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Seasonal Student
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately two (2) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Shift/Work Schedule: Monday to Friday (subject to change)
Department/ Branch: Planning and Development, Land Administration
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL5 70%
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 02/07/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
This Seasonal Student position will provide clerical support in the Land Administration Branch of the Planning & Development Department. The student will assist with various administrative and customer service activities in the assigned area from July 2023 to August 2023. This position is within the CUPE 1505 Bargaining Unit and is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
Implement, create, and maintain documents such as invoices, files, expenses, notifications, spreadsheets, statistical reports, presentations, and other related documentation.
- Provide reception and customer service duties, including responding to telephone enquiries.
- Primary contact for the public; responsible for issuing files, pamphlets and keeping others informed.
- Collect, compile and assemble reports and statistical information for distribution internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain filing systems.
- May be required to prepare agendas, record minutes of meetings, and distribute to the appropriate staff.
- Accurately process labour, material, equipment and service order information expediently into a computerized system.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to take accurate notes and minutes.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing practices and work demands.
- Must have proven interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in post-secondary Office or Business Administration programs.
Candidates who are successful during the interview process will be required to provide the following documents:
- Proof of full-time post-secondary enrollment for the Winter 2023 and Fall 2023 semesters.
- A copy of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Contact information for two supervisory references.
These documents are not required at the time of application, however preparing and collecting these documents in advance will expedite the recruitment process for successful candidates.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.