New Job Structures Inspection Engineer In Manitoba
|Structures Inspection Engineer|
Structures Inspection Engineer
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $76,730–$97,478 a year
Location : Manitoba
Structures Inspection Engineer
EG3 Engineer 3
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Water Engineering and Operations / Bridges and Highway Structures, Engineering and Technical Services
Advertisement Number: 41425
Salary(s): EG3 $76,730.00 - $97,478.00 per year
Closing Date: July 3, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Engineering and Technical Services undertakes both engineering and environmental services in support of various highway and water infrastructure programs across the province. Oversees the construction, inspection, preservation, maintenance and operations of provincial bridge infrastructure and water related assets. Provides hydrologic forecasting services to share accurate information in support of flood forecasting, water control operations and water management services in various programs. Provides technical engineering expertise in highway transportation systems, which includes planning, design, traffic engineering as well as quality assurance for highway construction projects.
The Manitoba government is recognized as one of the top employers within the province and provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for its employees which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence.
- Registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM), with appropriate scope of practice in bridge engineering
- Work extended hours, travel and be away from home for extended periods.
- Must be capable of performing physical requirements of position, including standing for extended periods of time, lifting up to 25kg, and wearing protective equipment.
- Work in outdoor rough terrain environment in both winter and summer in extreme temperatures.
- Bachelor-level degree in Engineering (Civil, preferred).
- Experience in inspection using both the Ontario Structures Inspection Manual (OSIM), the Ontario Structure Rehabilitation Manual (OSRM) and applicable standards for the inspections of concrete, structural steel and timber structures.
- Experience in highway bridge and structures inspections.
- Engineering knowledge of structural, hydraulic, and geotechnical principles and design and construction procedures and methodologies, environmental requirements related to bridge construction.
- Strong knowledge in Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent written communications skills with the ability to prepare reports.
- Strong supervisory, leadership and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
The Structures Inspection Engineer performs engineering activities from planning, organizing, and performing Level 1, 2, and 3 structure inspections of the more complex bridges, large culverts, and other structures; load rating of existing structures; manages Engineering Service Provider (ESP) assignments; and provides specialized engineering advice and technical guidance.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.