New Job Service Desk Technician In British Columbia
|Service Desk Technician|
Service Desk Technician
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $58 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Service Desk Technician
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
STATUS: Full Time
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SALARY: $58,877 -$69,250 annually plus benefits (2021 rates)
We are currently looking for a Service Desk Technician to join our knowledgeable and customer service centric team. The IT Service Desk is the first-point-of-contact for City of New Westminster staff in need of information technology and telecommunications assistance. Under direct supervision within well-defined procedures, you will provide service desk support to users by way of telephone, email and in-person in relation to desktop software and hardware, enterprise applications, print, telecom and mobile, installations, upgrades, moves, and changes.
- Be the first point of contact for customers either by phone, in person, or email.
- Investigate, assess, mitigate, and resolve routine software, hardware, and communication problems on computers, printers, peripherals, and productivity technologies.
- Triage and escalate complex issues and requests to the appropriate technical teams.
- Prepare workstations, user accounts and access permissions as required.
- Work closely with internal teams to provide resolutions for customer requests.
- Send citywide communications regarding service interruptions and outages.
- Manage ticketing and prioritization of incidents and service requests.
- Assist with supporting council meetings as required.
- Grade 12 and a post-secondary certificate in a technology-related field plus two years related work experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in COMPTIA A+ or acceptable equivalent.
- Sound knowledge and experience troubleshooting IT systems, software and computer peripherals.
- Strong familiarity with Windows 10, MS Office and common office applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft M365 suite of applications.
- Excellent ability to communicate and provide support to customers in a large distributed environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve routine technical problems using established procedures.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Quick learner – able to adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to lift or carry equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
Apply online with your resume and cover letter in one document at www.newwestcity.ca/employment by June 26, 2023.
Education : College/CEGEP
Experience : No experience