New Job Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant In Alberta
|Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant|
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $5,113–$7,012 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 45126
Ministry: Public Service Commission
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Closing Date: July 4, 2023
Classification: Human Relations 2
The Public Service Commission (PSC) ensures Alberta has a professional, non-partisan and diverse public service that proudly serves Albertans. The expertise and talent that PSC staff bring to their work is critical to our overall success, as our Ministry is responsible for delivering HR services in all HR functional areas, internal communications and employee engagement to the Government of Alberta.
We have an opportunity for you to expand and grow your career in Talent Acquisition. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic individuals for our Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant roles. We are looking for those who provide exceptional client service and are passionate about mentoring and coaching others. We are looking for those who are passionate and committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, client service, and developing strategies on how to attract and recruit a more diverse workforce - we want you to bring your creativity, new ideas, and experiences to enhance our recruitment practices!
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
As a Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant, you will be responsible for full cycle recruitment in a high-volume, fast-paced environment as well as:
- Leading common role, or functional recruitment initiatives
- Aiding in coaching and developing other Talent Acquisition consultants to support proactive attraction and retention of top talent across the Alberta Public Service.
- Partnering with stakeholders to identify and prioritize issues, opportunities and strategies that support current and future business requirements.
- Relationship management and conflict resolution with Senior Leaders up to the ADM level.
Senior Functional Talent Acquisition Consultant:
As a Senior Functional Talent Acquisition Consultant you will be responsible for full cycle recruitment in a high-volume, fast paced environment as well as:
- Leading stakeholder engagement with management from functional areas to identify recruitment needs and recommend effective sourcing strategies.
- Redirecting high-quality candidates to other job opportunities within a functional recruitment area
- Leading complex project work related to sourcing and recruitment strategies
- Assessing existing advertising strategies in order to put forward recommendations to enhance talent discovery
Key to your success in the roles above is to understand the clients' business requests and constantly strive to find the best solution to their staffing needs. This requires strong verbal and written communication skills, proven analytical and problem solving abilities, as well as the ability to evaluate interrelated concepts to deliver sound business advice.
We encourage collaboration, a positive working environment, and a drive for results. To be successful in the role you must demonstrate flexibility, including the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
To be successful in the role you must demonstrate flexibility, including the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related, plus two years of related experience.
- Experience managing/leading projects with a variety of stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Experience leading or coaching staff
Equivalencies will be accepted on the basis of a related two-year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution and four years related experience; or a related one-year certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution and five years related experience.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. The competencies we require for this role that will support your success and will be required are:
- Drive for Results – You know what outcomes are important and maximize resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability.
- Systems Thinking – You anticipate outcomes and potential impacts across inter-related areas and factors this into planning and problem solving.
- Creative Problem Solving – You have the ability to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
- Agility – In our fast-paced environment, you are able to anticipate, assess, readily adapt to changing priorities, and work effectively with shifting priorities.
- Develop Networks – You proactively build networks, connecting and building trust in relationships with clients.
We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
$2,556.47 to $3,505.75 bi-weekly ($66,723 to $91,500/yearly)
The positions are temporary with an end date of September 30, 2024.
Hours of work:
7.25 hours per day / 36.25 hours per week
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Cindy V. Zaiffdeen at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check