New Job Senior Policy And Program Analyst In Manitoba
|Senior Policy and Program Analyst|
Senior Policy and Program Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $68,995–$86,717 a year
Location : Manitoba
Senior Policy and Program Analyst
MS2 Media Specialist
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Issues Management, Corporate Services Division
Advertisement Number: 41388
Salary(s): MS2 $68,995.00 - $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: July 9, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Department of Transportation & Infrastructure (MTI) is seeking qualified individuals to fill the positions of Senior Policy and Program Analyst (MS2) within the Corporate Services Division.
The Corporate Services Division provides executive management and comptrollership of the department to ensure effective program delivery and appropriate utilization of departmental resources, including: finance, strategy, policy, information management, information technology, and workplace safety and health. Develops legislation and regulatory initiatives, strategies, policies, plans and programs to sustainably manage, protect and build Manitoba’s infrastructure. Issues Management prioritizes and proactively addresses public policy, operational and reputation issues that can affect the public trust, by identifying, tracking, and influencing citizen-centre service delivery within legislative and regulatory responsibilities. Provides the department specialized administrative services and support in the areas of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy, records management, and proactive disclosure. Plans, develops and coordinates the department’s balanced scorecard, reporting and alignment to the provincial balanced scorecard and key government strategies. Coordinates and develops the department’s major information documents required for planning, reporting and evaluation.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a current, satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, as required
- Post-secondary degree in the social science, law, public or business administration, communications or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the application of various research methodologies and interpretation of results using quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience in assessing, interpreting and communicating the impacts of policies, agreements, legislation and/or statutes.
- Excellent written communication skills including experience writing a variety of clear and concise documents and reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including experience facilitating and presenting information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing sensitive situations through the use of judgement, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Experience in public engagement methodologies and providing advice and guidance following IAP2 approach in the order to support various platforms.
- Experience and/or training in project management or change management.
- Experience or training in the infrastructure or transportation sectors.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Policy and Program Analyst works with all levels of MTI management and staff to assist with the creation, distribution and management of internal and public information activities and/or products for the department. The Analyst is the senior information advisor for the department and must be self-directed and decisive in coordinating a variety of projects at once. Many of these projects are assigned with short notice and tight deadlines.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.