New Job Senior Buyer, Ladies Footwear In Quebec
|Senior Buyer, Ladies Footwear|
Senior Buyer, Ladies Footwear
Company : Aldo Groupe
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Looking to unbox your full potential? STEP UP with the ALDO GROUP.
WE'RE ON A JOURNEY TO CREATE A WORLD OF LOVE, CONFIDENCE AND BELONGING
The ALDO Group has been on this journey for over 40 years. We believe that our passionate associates are at the heart of our success, and that with them we will lead into our future with kindness.
The ALDO Group is committed to diversity and inclusion, not only now, but for the long term. We strongly encourage people who are Aboriginal, racialized, have disabilities, come from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or have intersectional identities to apply for employment with us. At ALDO Group, we will always strive to take steps to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes equal opportunity and accountability.#WeAreALDO
STEP UP EXPERIENCE
- Recognition programs to showcase your talent!
- To be part of a company that takes a stand on issues affecting people, the environment, and our partners
- Summer Fridays (because Summer is for fun)
- Purchase discount on merchandise sold in all our divisions.
- Family & Friends events with discounts on our products
- Subsidized cafeteria & daycare
- Subsidized public transportation and free parking
- On-campus gym with access to a trainer
- Flex schedules and telecommuting
- Sick days
- Attractive total compensation!
As the Globo Senior Buyer for ladies footwear, your responsibility is to thoroughly manage the buys and product development lifecycle. Reporting to the Director, responsible for all collection building aspects, ensuring the set budgets and category profitability targets are respected. Responsible for the exclusive house brand as well as national brand collection. This individual plays a key role in fostering cross-functional team collaboration, is driven, analytical, business minded, and a strategic thinker with strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Responsible to operate as a business manager of the ladies footwear department to achieve budgeted targets.
- Monitor competition on an ongoing basis, store visits
- Responsible to perform pre-season planning (conceptual assortment planning, retail targets), supported by planning
- Set product strategy based on sales, trends, industry insights
- Responsible to build & purchase a balanced collection (styles, breadth and depth) based on the needs of the region(s) (national brands and private label)
- Work closely with product developer to clearly communicate business needs and ensure a strong product offering
- Attend product filtering sessions to ensure region(s)’ product needs are met. (Aldo/Call it Spring)
- Approve in-season management (buyer analyst recommendations repeats, markdowns, etc) national brands/private label
- Monitor, analyze & report on product performance, weekly sales, weekly best sellers (national brand/private label)
- Responsible to achieve target budget and margins through consistent strategic buying and inventory management, achieve sell-through targets
- Perform cross-function collaboration activities to ensure divisional calendar activities are delivered (marketing-campaign-hero style-visual merchandising)
- Lead pk presentation, weekly meetings, ecom/marketing walk through
- Lead national brand strategy stories as well as private brands, monthly, quarterly with marketing/visual merchandising
- Establish national brand/private label sourcing strategy with our China office and agents
- Coach and mentor assistant pd/buying analyst (ex: quicksight, cap)
DO YOU HAVE THE PROFILE WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business or related Degree
- 6-8 years minimum buying experience (footwear an asset)
- Solid financial and budgetary comprehension
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attitude and a strong team player
- Strong computer skills with excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Skilled problem solver and ability to adapt to frequently changing needs of the business
- Passionate with solid knowledge of the trends and market, outstanding commercial awareness
- Good time management, prioritisation, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Strong coaching skills
Don't wait any longer: STEP UP with us. We want to meet you!
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT US? HERE ARE SOME FUN FACTS.
Present in more than 100 countries, the ALDO Group has established itself with strong brands: ALDO/ALDO Accessories, Call it Spring and Globo. Guided every day by its purpose “A journey to create a world of love, trust and belonging”, the organization is simply unique. What makes our culture so one of a kind is our people’s passion for innovation, excellence, craftsmanship, entrepreneurship and diversity, as well as their empathy and friendliness. In addition, our associates all have an insatiable curiosity!