New Job Security Officer In New Brunswick
Company : Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Salary : $21.87 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Parlee Beach Provincial Park
Who we are
One of the most beautiful beaches in North America with the warmest salt water in Canada, Parlee Beach also holds international Blue Flag certification. The campground is located on well-developed grounds with over 210 sites.
What you will do
As a member of the Parlee Beach Provincial Park team, you will monitor and patrol the property, beach, buildings and assets, and ensure security when admitting visitors and employees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Patrolling grounds to protect against fire, theft and vandalism
- Locking gates, buildings, vehicles, etc.
- Monitoring visitors/clients for adherence to rules/policies
- Granting access to public
- Operating light vehicles
- Performing other tasks as required
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays, shifts, additional and variable hours
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required
Nice to have
- Valid Emergency First Aid/CPR certification
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector check.
$21.87 per hour
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply by e-mail to [email protected], indicating competition number R18-2023/24-33. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups.
Let's connect. You belong here.