New Job Project Coordinator In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the direction of the Support Systems Engineer, the Project Coordinator provides leadership and guidance in the execution of projects and initiatives through an integrated multi-disciplinary team approach that strives for innovation, excellence and efficiency. Projects may include, but are not limited to various operational initiatives within the Water Services Division such as the development and modification of equipment and infrastructure, research-based projects, technical support services, revenue generating initiatives, and the administration of supply and service contracts. This position will manage projects throughout the project’s life-cycle and ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning.
The Project Coordinator will, depending on the size, scope, and complexity of the initiative/project, lead, facilitate, coordinate, and provide direction, monitoring and oversight activity for the projects assigned and ensure that the benefits of the investment are realized in an efficient and effective manner. This position is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
The Project Coordinator will work with the Project Sponsor to plan, deliver and transfer the project to the Business Owner.
As the Project Coordinator you will:
- Provide project management expertise and guidance to the Department to successfully complete and/or implement projects and departmental initiatives, while achieving the benefits of the investment.
- Develop and manage the procurement process which includes solicitation and contract administration tasks.
- Develop Business Cases per the investment planning manual.
- Coordinate the Design Management process.
- Coordinate the Project Turnover process.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor Degree in a related field such as Commerce, Engineering, Architect, Technologist, or Finance or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Post-secondary education in Project Management would be desirable.
- Attainment of a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation/Prince II certification and certification in Asset Management, and ADKAR at the time of hire is desirable. Applicants who have not yet attained these certifications are required to obtain within a 6-year timeframe.
- Successful completion of the associated professional designations in addition to the education listed above is considered an asset including obtaining a P.Eng., C.E.T/A.Sc.T, MRAIC, CMA, CGA, CA, or CPA.
- Certificate in Quality Management is considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience related to the duties listed above in Project Delivery, preferably in a Public Sector environment.
- Knowledge in the industry sector that is applicable to the department that the position will reside in.
- Previous success in leading projects including change initiatives, navigating complex environments and influencing desirable outcomes through positive and collaborative relationship management.
- Experience with supervision and management of design consultants and contractors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances as well as ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously in stressful and fast paced environment.
- Previous experience managing and leading projects including organizing, coordinating, planning, and maintaining schedules and controlling a large number of projects.
- Knowledge of financial management and reporting skills including ability to prepare and track project budgets, and expenses.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Project Management Systems such as Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Demonstrated commitment towards continuous learning, growth and the achievement of high performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain relations with consultants, government agencies, developers, suppliers and contractors relative to facility and equipment design and improvements, and formulates sound recommendations.
- Proven ability to set priorities, solve problems and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in a municipal environment would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of GeoMedia Pro GIS software and AutoCAD would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a vehicle for transportation while on City business, subject to the terms and conditions of the City’s Transportation Policy.