New Job Primary Care Paramedic In Yukon
|Primary Care Paramedic|
Primary Care Paramedic
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $70,011–$81,101 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill multiple term positions from 6 months to 1 year. Both full-time and part-time positions. This is an anticipatory permanent position. . This posting may be used to fill other Primary Care Paramedic positions within Yukon EMS.
The Yukon's Emergency Medical Services (YEMS) team delivers a wide scope of pre-hospital care. We deliver medical interventions, treatments, and critical care in every corner of the Yukon. Leadership, dedication, and partnership guides our work. We enact these qualities from the moment we receive a call to the time when we transfer a patient at a health care facility.
The incumbent will employ professional Primary Care Life Support skills to provide pre-hospital emergency and non-emergency medical treatment to the Whitehorse population. The PCP assesses patient condition in order to formulate a treatment plan and to initiate emergency interventions and non-emergency care to provide optimal patient wellbeing. This work is carried out in environments where there is limited medical support.
For more information about this position, please contact Peter Mostyn, Deputy Chief, Whitehorse Operations at [email protected]..
For more information about applying on this competition, contact Tracy Brandt at [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes will only be accepted through the e-recruitment system.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below. Selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
When you list your work experience in your resume, please include the month and year you started and ended a job. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position. Candidates will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
- Current PCP license or certification with a paramedic governing body in Canada without conditions or restrictions
- Experience delivering pre-hospital medical care at the Primary Care Paramedic level
- Experience working in an emergency ground ambulance service.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Patient advocacy
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Conflict management skills
- Experience working with allied agencies (e.g., Police, Fire, Health Care Professionals)
Conditions of Employment:
- Medical clearance
- Security clearance including vulnerable sector
- Valid Yukon Class 4 driver's license
- CPR-HCP, current valid certification.
- Shift work including weekends and standby.
- Wearing a uniform, and maintaining all conditions of employment.