New Job Payroll/Scheduling Clerk In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $51,141–$58,252 a year
Location : Manitoba
Women's Correctional Centre, Correctional Services
Advertisement Number: 41242
Salary(s): CL4 $51,141.00 - $58,252.00 per year
Closing Date: June 16, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Women's Correctional Centre in Headingley, MB has an exciting opportunity for an experienced payroll/scheduling clerk. To be considered for this competition you MUST submit an Application Screening Form. See below for further instructions.
CLICK HERE to access the Application Screening Form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Internal Security Screening.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience with timekeeping for both full time and part time employees, preferably within a 24/7 environment.
- Experience processing pay and benefits for both full time and part time employees
- Experience interpreting policies and procedures related to pay and benefits
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to contribute to a respectful workplace
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with SAP or equivalent payroll software
Under the supervision of the Financial Manager, the incumbent is responsible for processing and maintaining pay and benefits in accordance with the Manitoba Government Employees’ Master Agreement (GEMA) and Component/Sub Agreements for regular, part-time and casual employees in a 24 hour shift environment. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining the facility's personnel files, administering benefits which include interpretation of the GEMA, clarifying policies and procedures and gathering and compiling data for special projects.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.