New Job Operational Liaison Representative In Alberta
|Operational Liaison Representative|
Operational Liaison Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $31.30–$41.86 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Operational Liaison Representative , you will manage customer service requests, including contacting customers by telephone to fully understand the depth of their concerns and determining the appropriate course of action for resolution. Primary duties include:
- Respond to a high volume of citizen queries on a wide range of topics via telephone, email, web inquiries and/ or 3-1-1.
- Respond to Water related emergency requests.
- Manage information related to citizen concerns and complete follow up work.
- Correlate, correct and process service and work orders.
- Recognize and flag potential escalations.
- Dispatch appropriate crews to address the outstanding issues and reduce impact to health, property damage, and/or The City’s reputation.
- Schedule appointments for crews to maintain water and sanitary assets.
- Enter data collected from a variety of sources into data management systems in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of the asset management and customer service records.
- Compile statistics which may be used to improve the flow of work or service to citizens and submit recommendations.
High School diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) combined with at least 5 years of customer service experience utilizing computer programs while on the phone gathering customer information.
Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word).
Knowledge of and previous experience using 3-1-1, OWAM and Pelican Software applications would be considered an asset.
Success in this position requires the ability to troubleshoot, keep track of details and problem solve.
Strong communication, collaboration and customer service skills are essential.
The ability to multi-task, prioritize and action time sensitive requests.
The ability to make independent decisions under pressure while adhering to established processes.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Water Services
Position Type: 1 Permanent and1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 625 25 Avenue SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 6 $31.30 - 41.86 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Audience: Internal / External
Apply By: June 13, 2023
Job ID #: 307850