New Job Office Support Clerk Iii In British Columbia
|Office Support Clerk III|
Office Support Clerk III
Company : The City of Vancouver
Salary : $26.87–$31.56 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 38730
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
This position works within the Animal Services Department in a fast paced customer service oriented front line environment. The incumbent is responsible for dispatching Animal Control Officers in the field, operating a switchboard, communicating on a radio system and performing a wide variety of clerical duties. Employees of Animal Services operate under non-standard hours of work with established hours of 8:00am – 8:00pm, including weekends. An unrestricted availability to work within the non-standard hours of operation is highly desirable.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include: preparing and processing various forms and documents including dog license applications and renewals, investigative statements and reports, animal impound forms, adoption applications and all other documents related to the department’s administrative process. Process incoming office mail and emails. Attend front line customer service and reception including dispatch, operating a switchboard and responding to public inquiries regarding the Animal Control Bylaw and kennel processes. Attend incoming complaints and dispatch calls for the Animal Control Officers while practicing efficiency and diplomacy. Check daily cash deposits and process all related documents and reports. Create and maintain office files for consistent and accurate data tracking. Perform duties with little supervision and make independent decisions based on knowledge of departmental and City Policies and Procedures. Work with various departments and agencies, both internally and externally, in the City of Vancouver.
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by related administrative and standard software courses, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of dog related issues including various dog breeds and kennel procedures is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Animal Control By-Law no. 9150 and the related prosecution process is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the geography of Vancouver including streets, parks and schools, is preferred,
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook along with the ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Previous exposure to Amanda, SAP, VanMap, Cisco and Lagan along with experience in the City’s accounting processes including deposits and time entry is preferred.
- Proven ability to multitask a high volume workload in a fast paced, high functioning administrative environment with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with the public, coworkers and supervisors.
- Experience in payment processing and balancing daily to an account session and float is an asset.
- Applicants are preferred to have considerable related clerical experience with computerized record keeping systems as well as excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, effective keyboarding and accurate data entry.
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: Development, Buildings & Licensing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: July, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: June 25, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, 2SLGBTQ+ persons including all genders and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10 minutes. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a summary of skills and experience related to the position.