New Job Neighborhood Health Team Lead Nurse In Prince Edward Island
|Neighborhood Health Team Lead Nurse|
Neighborhood Health Team Lead Nurse
Company : Bayshore HealthCare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Prince Edward Island
Do you LOVE working independently with clients in the community?
Do you have a knack for understanding your client’s needs, are you passionate of home care?
Are you recognized as a caring and kind person?
By joining our neighborhood health team, you will play a vital role in providing private community care with a human dimension. If you want to help your clients stay in the comfort of their home, safely, for as long as possible – we share your ambition and invite you to apply.
Bayshore will support you to gain valuable experience and important skills to ensure you have the tools and training you need to succeed in your job. We will help you deliver high quality service the Bayshore way!
- Your caring nature shines through as you always ensure that your clients remember how you make them feel because that is what matters the most.
- You value teamwork and are ready to be an active partner in a local care team.
- You earn and keep client trust and treat your clients like you would treat your family
- You thrive when you are showing you care via acts of service
- You understand how important home care is for those in need.
- You understand your clients and their family’s needs and are not afraid to advocate for them.
The Work You Will Do
- You will build a trusted partnership with clients as their in-home care provider, following their lead,
along with an established care plan, delivering the highest quality of home care with compassion,
clarity, and reliability.
- You will provide the care yourself and/or train your team members to provide a consistent, on-going provision of care in order to maintain emotional, physical, and overall wellbeing of your client as well as meet the safety of clients to the greatest possible extent.
- You will relay valued insights to your neighborhood health care team related to additional assistance or support that your client or their family may need.
- You will assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring licensed and
unlicensed care and service as appropriate.
- You will create and/or ensure that care plans are available for clients as appropriate; visit clients as required and update care plans using innovative and up to date practices.
- Liaise with other care providers, including family as well as the public healthcare system.
- You may serve as the on-call Nurse if required.
- Participate in community outreach and development as appropriate; assist with the development of contractual agreements for client care and service as requested.
- Lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all referred client
concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- You will help to coordinate human resources with respect to recruitment and selection, orientation
and training, discipline and the probationary/annual performance review of reporting neighborhood
health team members
- Supervise and support licensed and unlicensed employees to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
- You will be responsible for the safety of your team and we ask that you notify your immediate
Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- You will be responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports
- We expect you to participate in Health & Safety activities while performing all duties.
- You will read, interpret and implement relevant policies and procedures.
- We will provide you with internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- You will be an active participant in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Standards of Practice guidelines of Provincial regulating body.
What a great fit as the Neighborhood Health Team Lead looks like
- Great at ‘on the fly’ problem-solving, teamwork, and creative thinking
- Resourceful with flexible communication skills and styles
- Patient with emotional resilience
- Ready to spend quality time with clients and to be part of an important local team
- Strong de-escalating skills while remaining calm
- Manage your time like a ‘boss’ and manage client expectations to be realistic and achievable
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, valid Nursing License, and current registration with the OIIQ or OIIAQ
- At least five years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities in Nursing, preferably in a community setting
- Strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of training programs
- Demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources
- Experience in community outreach
- Focus on geriatric care, community health or social work or equivalent combination of education and experience would be an asset
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Division: Home Care
Setting: Variety of patient care settings
Location: North Shore and South Shore