New Job Manager, Sales Operations In Alberta
|Manager, Sales Operations|
Manager, Sales Operations
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $6,202–$8,346 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 44401
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: June 23, 2023
Classification: Management Manager Zone 2
Alberta Infrastructure designs, builds, manages and maintains government-owned and operated facilities, and collaborates with other ministries to ensure that schools, hospitals, and government facilities infrastructure meet the needs of Alberta’s population. Alberta Infrastructure owns and manages a large portfolio of lands, including the Transportation and Utility Corridors (TUC) in Edmonton and Calgary, and is responsible for managing of numerous lease files across the province. The Ministry also provides accommodation services and manages a large portfolio of owned and leased facilities while maintaining fiscal accountability and optimizing value for Albertans.
We believe in building careers and providing opportunities to develop within the organization. We also provide our staff with a work-life balance including reasonable hours of work and support for wellness at work. In short, we provide staff with the tools and support they need to excel. Working together we will promote the Alberta Public Service Values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Excellence.
Reporting to the Director, Land Services, The Manager, Sales Operations manages the real estate sales program on behalf of Infrastructure and all Government of Alberta (GoA) ministries. This position provides direction and guidance to staff members and government representatives in relation to negotiations for real estate sales, development, acquisitions and expropriations.
The main responsibilities of the Manager, Sales Operations are (but not limited to):
- Develop recommendations and provides direction for the sale and acquisition of properties to meet various project requirements on behalf of the Ministry and client departments.
- Provide direction and approval for the hiring of independent consultants, real estate agents, etc. to assist client departments in selling of properties.
- Delivers Ministry and government representatives with expertise and advice pertaining to real estate policies, procedures, and practices to support maintenance of acceptable standards and practices that meet the conflicting needs of the province and landowners within legislative requirements.
- Presents interpretations of agreements for Purchase and Sale within the branch and departments or other departments.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to staff members to support continual improvement, capacity development and effective decision-making.
- Manages preparation of action request responses, ministerial briefings, background documents, correspondence, and recommendations as required for consideration by senior Ministry representatives and officials.
- A degree in Business or a related field, plus a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in real estate sales, acquisitions, appraisals, and negotiation.
- Accreditation from the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AACI) and/or Senior Right-Of-Way Agent (SR/WA) designation from the International Right of Way Associations (IRWA) is required; equivalent real estate education may be considered.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply real estate law, appraisal, negotiation, and sales within a wide portfolio of real estate from agricultural to developed urban properties.
- Strong understanding of the Ministry's business and programs to ensure consistency in the application of real estate sales procedures and practices.
- Detailed knowledge of Ministry and client current priorities and related land sales requirements.
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
The following competencies are essential for this position:
Agility – you consistently take action and remain objective under pressure by making well-thought through decisions.
Build Collaborative Environments – you promote positive conflict resolution by identifying issues and facilitating discussion and/or coaching to constructively resolve conflict.
Systems Thinking – you consistently take a holistic and long-term view of challenges and integrate in-depth knowledge of underlying issues, the political environment, and potential risks when considering possible actions.
Creative Problem Solving – you identify several analytical techniques and sources of knowledge to break apart complex problems.
$3,100.80 - $4,172.77 bi-weekly ($80,930 - $108,909/year)
This position is based out of Edmonton, AB.
Hours of Work
7.25 hours a day / 36.25 hours a week
Infrastructure Building, 6950 - 113 Street, Edmonton, AB T6H 5V7
In your resume, please include dates (including months and years) associated with all education and work experience. As well, please indicate whether your work experience is casual, part-time or full-time. For example, January 15, 2006 - June 25, 2009: Assistant (PT three 8 hrs. shifts/week).
Any costs associated with obtaining the required documents/checks as noted or interview travel expenses, will be the responsibility of the candidate. Out-of-province applicants can obtain the required documents/checks from the province they currently reside in.
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs.
- Professional learning and development.
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance.
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements.
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for Applicants:
TThis competition may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the job description, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Michele Murphy at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check