New Job Manager, Materials & Surface Restoration In Alberta
|Manager, Materials & Surface Restoration|
Manager, Materials & Surface Restoration
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $124,627–$198,671 a year
Location : Alberta
The Manager, Materials & Surface Restoration is responsible for managing issues related to construction and maintenance and upgrading of key Roads infrastructure for the City of Calgary. This position provides technical and strategic leadership for the delivery of construction, operations and maintenance of Contract Services, Materials & Research, Construction Services and Paving. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and determine the goals and objectives, policies, work plans, programs, and budget allocations for the Construction and Materials group.
- Ensure that the Construction and Materials goals and objectives align with the multi year Transportation business plan as well as the overall goals of the Transportation Department.
- Ensure that the resources are available to provide appropriate input and support required from the sponsoring business units and the workloads and priorities for the group align with and support the strategic direction of the Roads Business Unit.
- Coordinate the Construction and Materials requirements as well as projects and guidance, multi-year work plans, and models, by ensuring that the necessary input and support is provided.
- Monitor and ensure that staff work to achieve successful completion of the units objectives and ensuring that the work unit objectives are completed according to plan and within budget.
- Participate on the Roads Asset Management Program (RAMP) Advisory Committee. Ensure best practices and adherence with Corporate Asset Management guidelines.
- Negotiate with development industry on improving standards used in subdivision development.
- Provide comments on development permit related applications and input and attendance at CPAG as required.
- Support annual local improvement paving and concrete and driveway programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the group’s work (i.e. quality control) being generated to determine whether the techniques used, and the input provided adequately support the needs of the City of Calgary in the area of Construction and Materials management and monitoring.
- A degree supplemented by a Professional Engineering Designation plus at least 10 years of progressive management experience in an operational environment including proven experience in leading, managing and motivating staff.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada, and current licensure as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) by the first day of work.
- Experience in managing capital and operational budgets is essential.
- Success in this position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have the ability to understand financial and technical information, demonstrated problem solving skills, and the ability to prioritize work.
- This individual must also demonstrate the ability to work at a strategic level while being accountable for the performance of day-to-day operations leading a team of both unionized and professional staff.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.