New Job Mail Service Courier (20 Hours / Week) - Class 1 Or 2 Or 3 F Driver In Quebec
|Mail Service Courier (20 hours / week) - Class 1 or 2 or 3 F Driver|
Mail Service Courier (20 hours / week) - Class 1 or 2 or 3 F Driver
Company : Canada Post - Postes Canada
Salary : $22.68 an hour
Location : Quebec
Job Requisition Id: 170295
Business Function: Operations Support
Primary City: Québec
Employment Type: Part-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: French Essential
Number of Vacancies 1
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can play an integral role in making this happen. As online shopping grows, we have a number of opportunities for Class 3/D professional drivers with an appropriate provincial Air Brake Endorsement to be part of our dynamic team. As a temporary, on-call Mail Service Courier, you will join a team of drivers who are available to work locally on short notice. All drivers have an equal chance of being called for work. You will use a corporate vehicle to pick up and deliver mail and load/unload postal vehicles, ultimately playing an important role in ensuring customer satisfaction.
Does this sound like you? The role of Mail Service Courier would be a great fit if you:
- are a safe driver
- enjoy being behind the wheel
- like working on your own
- can meet deadlines
- take pride in serving your community
What will you do?
You will load and unload postal vehicles while keeping mail and Canada Post property safe and secure at all times
- You will collect, sort and deliver mail
- You will operate portable communications devices
- You will perform vehicle safety checks
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- You will complete documentation and maintain records
- You will communicate with customers and the public
- You will shuttle corporate delivery vehicles between parking location and loading platforms to facilitate pre-loading.
- A valid Class 3/D driver’s licence (or higher) with the appropriate provincial air brake endorsements
- A safe driving record for at least 3 years (recent driver’s abstract or a commercial driver’s abstract dated within the last 30 days will be required)
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb)
- The availability to work on short notice
This would help, too!
- Experience in customer service
- Experience as professional driver in commercial delivery
- Experience driving a 5 ton truck or larger
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for permanent employment
Today’s Canada Post - Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our mail service couriers, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you will have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.