New Job Lawyer / Senior Lawyer In New Brunswick
|Lawyer / Senior Lawyer|
Lawyer / Senior Lawyer
Company : Department of Justice & Public Safety
Salary : $57,954–$144,378 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Lawyer or Senior Lawyer
Office of the Attorney General
Justice and Public Safety
Permanent - Open
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Family Crown Services Branch of the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Justice and Public Safety is seeking individuals to join their team as a Lawyer / Senior Lawyer in various locations.
What you will do
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Attorney General, the successful candidate will operate within the following mandated areas of civil practice:
- Representation of the Department of Social Development in adult and child protection proceedings; private custody and access matters;
- Representation of the Director of Support Enforcement in judicial support enforcement proceedings;
- Acting as Agent of the Attorney General for New Brunswick in matters under section 19 of the Divorce Act;
- Acting as Agent of the Attorney General for New Brunswick under the International Child Abduction Act;
- Such other areas of government practice as the Attorney General may mandate;
- Legal advice and legal opinions related to the aforenoted mandated areas of civil practice;
- Appeals in matters involving the Minister of Social Development and/or the Director of Support Enforcement.
- Family Crown Services, Moncton - Lawyer/Senior Lawyer, 1 bilingual position, 1 English position
- Family Crown Services, Fredericton/Woodstock - Lawyer/Senior Lawyer, 1 English position
- Family Crown Services, Campbellton/Bathurst - Lawyer/Senior Lawyer, 1 bilingual position
Please clearly state your preferred location of work.
- Office location (Moncton): Moncton Law Courts, 145 Assomption Boulevard, Moncton, NB
- Office location (Fredericton/Woodstock): 689 Main Street, Woodstock, NB / Chancery Place,
- 675 King Street, Fredericton, NB
- Office location (Campbellton/Bathurst): 157 Water Street, Campbellton, NB / 254 St. Patrick Street, Bathurst, NB
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 36.25 hours/week
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
The successful candidate should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detailed oriented and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Law Degree; completion of Articling; and membership in good standing or eligibility for membership to the Law Society of New Brunswick.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge family law and experience in court.
- Written and spoken competence in English and in French is required for some positions. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the areas of child and adult protection.
- Analytical thinking
- Impact and influence
- Self-control & stamina.
Operational requirements: The following operational requirements are also required:
- Possession of a valid driver's license;
- Working outside of regular hours of work without prior notice.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
From $57,954 to $ 144,378 annually, depending on education and experience.
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- 1.25 days/month of paid vacation
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by mail at the following address by June 16, 2023 indicating competition number R78-2023-24-0784. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Justice and Public Safety
Human Resource Services
20 McGloin St., 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3A 5T8
Tel: (506) 453-2719
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.