New Job Intermediate Clerk - Service Fredericton In New Brunswick
|Intermediate Clerk - Service Fredericton|
Intermediate Clerk - Service Fredericton
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $53,428–$58,382 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Reporting to the Coordinator of Customer Services this position is responsible for the efficient and professional handling of Service Fredericton phone, e-mail and two-way radio inquiries received from public and internal departments. This position is the primary contact for access to municipal government programs and services for residents, businesses, and visitors. Incumbent processes e-mails and telephone calls associated with all city departments, requests for service, general information, inquiries, and complaint calls.
The work performed may require sharing the workload, but the incumbent must also be able to work independently and exercise tact, judgment, and discretion. The work can be challenging and demanding, especially considering the public nature of working for a municipal government. To be successful, you must be well organized to meet competing deadlines, take initiative, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. The incumbent will be required to work a shift position.
· Receive requests for services from the public, contractors, outside agencies or internal departments, processing and transmitting information and instructions, tracking the activities of others, dispatching personnel;
· May be required to perform quick and accurate assessments of calls and be able to handle stressful situations;
· Ability to work in a team environment having a personal commitment to the teamwork concept. Maintain a flexible attitude, contributing positively to the operation;
· Prepare reports to departments as required;
· Provide quality customer service by remaining calm in stressful situations;
· Work may vary according to time of year;
· Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
· Secondary education plus 1 or 2 year program from a technical school or college in the area of Business Accounting. Knowledge of proper radio communication, municipal work, dispatch experience would be an asset. An equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be acceptable. Ability to communicate in both official languages at an intermediate plus level is required.
Knowledge & Desired Skills:
· The ideal candidate will possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment; establish and maintain effective working relationships; work as a team in an environment dealing with information of a confidential nature;
· Excellent, oral and written communications along with strong customer service skills;
· Planning and Organization – possesses organizational skills for planning and prioritizing work to achieve maximum efficiency;
· Customer Focus – ability to work with outside agencies, internal customers and public during performance of duties
· Knowledge of Cogsdale, Oracle, Amelia, Velocity and/or other financial systems is desirable;
· Thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other Windows driven programs;
· Knowledge of proper radio communication;
· Knowledge of street system and geography of Fredericton an asset;
· Communicate effectively and tactfully with municipal staff, elected officials and members of the general public by telephone and in-person.
· Problem solving abilities – ability to identify issues or problems and develop strategies, ideas and opportunities for resolving them;
Resource Management – understanding of By-Laws, policies of Department.
The City of Fredericton is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,427.66-$58,381.70 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-30