New Job Infrastructure Investment Liaison In Alberta
|Infrastructure Investment Liaison|
Infrastructure Investment Liaison
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $44.20–$59.09 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Infrastructure Investment Liaison, you will provide recreation facility project planning, capital investment, asset management, and project management expertise to facilitate successful project outcomes aligned with the Recreation and Social Programs business unit’s objectives. Primary duties include:
- Create, lead and develop business unit's project plans, scope, mandatory requirements, and contingency plans.
- Liaise with other business units involved with the maintenance, management, and development of recreation facilities.
- Coordinate project and consultant teams to ensure appropriate regulatory standards are defined and work is appropriately sourced.
- Consult with internal and external participants on projects and provide updates.
- Lead the service cycle upgrade process for the business unit by developing scope of work, hiring the consulting team, overseeing document development, compiling findings, and prioritizing project and budget requirements.
- Determine infrastructure issues, what field of qualification is required to address issues, and engage applicable qualified consultant as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on remediation including identification of health and safety concerns.
- Act as the business unit representative responsible for defining asset management priorities for lifecycle maintenance, renovations, and service cycle upgrades.
A completed 2-3 year technical diploma in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field, and at least 5 years of project delivery experience, OR;
A degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field, and at least 4 years of project delivery experience.
Capital project budgeting experience is an asset.
Recreation facility planning, design, construction, and maintenance experience is an asset.
A project management designation, and/or advanced training in project management is an asset.
Must possess strong planning and organizational skills in order to meet challenging deadlines.
Must have exceptional relationship management and communication skills to lead interdisciplinary teams.
Working Conditions: Office environment with some requirement for site visits/inspections.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Recreation and Social Programs
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 22 months)
Location: 2808 Spiller Road S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 12 $44.20 - 59.09 per hour
Days of Work: This position typically works a 5 day
work week, with 1 day off in each 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: June 19, 2023
Job ID #: 307733