New Job Infection Control Nurse In Yukon
|Infection Control Nurse|
Infection Control Nurse
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241–$98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This position is a Full-time Term /Temporary Assignment position ending Sept 13, 2024 (working 75 hours bi-weekly)
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
This position plans, coordinates, delivers, and evaluates the Continuing Care Infection prevention and Control Program to minimize the risk of infection to residents, clients, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
This role leads change through organizational and teamwork practice assessments, analysis of statistical data as well as on-going exploration and examination of evidence-informed infection control practices. This position actively participates in quality initiatives and contributes to meeting the standards set by Accreditation Canada. The position will lead the Resident/staff influenza immunization program and oversee infection control training and outbreaks
We believe that nurses play a critical role in our health care system, and we offer a signing bonus of *$7500 for Registered Nurses. We also offer reimbursement of exam fees for new nursing graduates and yearly reimbursement for licencing fees.
Please click here for more information on the retention and signing bonuses that we offer.
For more information about this position, please contact: Samantha Stewart, Manager of Quality & Risk Management at [email protected]
For more information on posting, please contact: Ann Caron at (867)667-8423 or [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through e-recruitment
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Experience working in infection control in a health care setting (Long term care, acute care and Home care)
- Education specific to infection control
- Recently applied knowledge of infection control
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to provide leadership skills, coaching and training to members of the team.
- Ability to work in situations of elevated emotions and able to work effectively.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience preparing reports and providing recommendations to the team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience planning, organizing and delivering training programs and workshops related to infection control
Conditions of Employment: Registration with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) WHMIS 2015, TB Screening, CPR level HCP, Vulnerable Sector RCMP security clearance and valid Driver’s Licence are all required prior to hire.
Job Requirements: Potential exposure to infectious agents, exposure to animals, exposure to second hand smoke from Residents/ Clients. Travel between Whitehorse facilities daily if needed, travel Dawson