New Job Human Resources Specialist In Ontario
|Human Resources Specialist|
Human Resources Specialist
Company : Securitas Canada Ltd.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Professional - 6229 - Human Resources Specialist - Human Resources Specialist Performs a variety of human resources administration functions, including: conducting hiring processes, recruiting, initial training, new associate orientation, administering benefits, entering associate information into the automated resource system, maintaining personnel files, providing counseling, and maintaining records.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the Canada.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English and French in the province of Quebec.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background investigation.
- Understanding of human resources administrative processes.
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
- Good interviewing skills.
- Ability to write original correspondence.
- Planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks and behavioral selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Securitas’ mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas Aviation's Mission:
Securitas Aviation ensures the safety of passengers all over the world providing thorough security checks at airports in Canada
Securitas’ core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don’t compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don’t. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers’ premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.