New Job Health & Safety Officer In Manitoba
|Health & Safety Officer|
Health & Safety Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $25–$30 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Who we are:
Meseyton Construction was founded in 1968 and is proud to continue serving our community and region with year-round heavy construction capabilities. Our staff are dedicated to each project we take on, whether it is paving a driveway or digging a basement for your home or large road and excavation projects for the public and private sectors.
What we are looking for:
Meseyton is currently looking for a qualified Health and Safety Officer to join our team in a full-time seasonal position.
Role & Responsibilities
· Oversight and management of all safety-related company compliance through:
· Implementing and maintaining internal and external safety programs.
· Maintaining COR certification and completion of audits.
· Adhering to Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
· Scheduling and conducting safety meetings.
· Completing site safety plans for projects.
· Performing subcontractor safety evaluations.
· Providing and enforcing the use of Personal Protection Equipment.
· Managing Workers Compensation Board claims and employee injuries/illness.
· Documenting incidents and associated investigations.
· Responding to customer requests for safety documentation.
· Scheduling annual building system inspections (hoist, CONO, fire extinguishers, etc.)
· Provision of employee orientations and organize training/testing (First Aid, hearing, etc.)
· Formation and oversight of the employee Health and Safety Committee.
· Obtain locates and permits for excavation projects.
· Manage all MPI fleet management requirements (registrations, audits, driver’s abstracts, safeties, traffic court, etc.)
· Handle MPI Dealer Permit and Vehicle Inspection Station requirements.
· Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
· Must possess a working knowledge of state and federal construction sign/traffic control requirements and traffic routing plans.
- Direct the safe flow of public and construction traffic and ensure the safety & security of public and site crew.
· Works closely with Project Managers and Foreman to provide a clean, safe, secure and hazard free project site in compliance with the company’s policies as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· Conducts random and scheduled project site inspections, communicates findings to ensure workplace safety and routinely audits on-site safety compliance.
Experience & Job Requirement:
· Related field with 2 - 3 years of experience, ideally in the construction industry.
· Thorough understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as other safety related laws and regulations.
Wage to be determined on a combination of experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person