New Job General Handyworker 3 In Ontario
|GENERAL HANDYWORKER 3|
GENERAL HANDYWORKER 3
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.80 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 34078
Job Category: Operations & Maintenance
Division & Section: Seniors Services & Long Term Care, LTC Regional Services
Work Location: Various, please see below.
Job Type & Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Hourly Rate: $28.80
Hours & Shift Information: Various, please see below.
Affiliation: L416 Outside
Number of Positions Open: 3
Posting Period: 28-Jun-2023 to 13-Jul-2023
Location and Shift Information:
No. of Positions
Wesburn Manor - 400 The West Mall, Toronto, ON M9C 5S1
Monday-Sunday 40 hours a week, rotating shift (including weekends)
Castleview - Wychewood Towers, 351 Christie St, Toronto, M6G 3C3
Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm, rotating weekend shift (every other week)
- Performs various tasks in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, construction and in general building and grounds maintenance.
- Assists various Trade Workers/Custodian 1 and others in their work and performs general construction, maintenance and repairs such as building repairs, setting up equipment, form and brick work, repair of furniture, equipment etc.
- Installs, operates, maintains and makes minor repairs to mechanical equipment.
- Drives a vehicle as required to perform primary functions.
- Performs a variety of work not requiring the service of licensed trade.
- Performs general grounds keeping duties such as yard work and snow removal.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Your resume must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience performing a variety of semi-skilled work.
- Experience and knowledge of landscaping, building, construction practices and efficient operation and maintenance of associated equipment.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
You will also be required to demonstrate:
- Must be familiar with WHMIS and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Ability to read and interpret sketches and to accurately follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to handle all required tools and maintenance and repair of machinery.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public, for example residents, residents' families and visitors.
- With the appropriate safety precautions, must be able to tolerate dusty, noisy, odorous conditions and heights.
- Must be able to work and have knowledge of confined space entry regulation.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Knowledge of Long Term Care and Gentle Care approach would be an asset.
- Must be available to work shift/weekend/overtime/on call duty.
As a condition of employment with the Long-Term Care Homes & Services Division, selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10)
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.