New Job Financial Management Analyst In Saskatchewan
|Financial Management Analyst|
Financial Management Analyst
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,408–$9,165 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Finance supports excellence in governance and public administration through economic, financial and fiscal expertise, leadership and services.
The Provincial Comptroller's Office assists the Legislature and the Government in controlling and accounting for the receipt and disposition of public money. It develops and maintains the government-wide revenue and expense system and ensures effective financial management and accounting policies and procedures are in place. It also prepares and publishes financial accountability reports, including the Public Accounts, and ensures ministries maintain appropriate financial and management controls and are properly accounting for their revenues and expenses.
The Financial Management Branch of the Provincial Comptroller's Office has opportunities for highly motivated accounting professionals with strong technical accounting skills to work collaboratively as members of a team responsible for the financial accounting and reporting and financial management policies for the Saskatchewan Government.
In the challenging positions, you may work on a range of initiatives, including:
- Assessing the implications of new accounting standards;
- Preparing government-wide financial statements;
- Developing financial management policies and procedures; and
- Advising Treasury Board, Cabinet, government ministries and senior management on financial accounting and management issues.
Our candidates of choice will be Chartered Professional Accountants who demonstrates the following key abilities:
- Knowledge of and extensive experience with financial accounting and reporting standards;
- Ability to anticipate and recognize financial accounting and management issues and their potential implications, conceptualize feasible alternatives, assess options and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Superior interpersonal skills characterized by effective verbal and written communication skills, including being tactful, innovative, persuasive and be committed to service excellence;
- Confident and comfortable working independently or as a contributing member of a team; and
- Capable of developing and monitoring work plans to successfully complete projects in an environment of changing priorities.
The Ministry of Finance is a values-driven organization that prioritizes a positive organizational culture and high staff engagement.
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A wide range of careers with purpose and passion;
- An enviable work/life balance in an environment that supports creativity, innovation and diversity while providing learning and career development opportunities;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO), and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- A comprehensive benefits package; and
- Inclusive work environments.
We’re helping make Saskatchewan the best place to live, work and raise our families by building the best public service in Canada. Join the team!
This competition may also be used to staff permanent or non-permanent future opportunities.