New Job Financial Coordinator In Alberta
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $44.88–$47.24 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Coordinator is responsible for the leadership, development & direction of Clerk activities. Responsibilities include monitoring expenditures and revenue, completing random audits, ensuring compliance with policy and procedures, bylaws, reporting and other general accounting duties. Project work required in this position includes: performing reviews, assessing internal controls and may be a resource on department projects as assigned.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- University degree in a related field or CPA candidate level. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Three years related accounting experience and preferably significant experience with complex financial applications in a computerized accounting environment preferably with at least one year supervisory experience in a large, unionized organization
- Experience supervising Accounts Payable, Capital Asset duties.
- Formal interpersonal/facilitator skills training would be an asset
- Formal training in Customer Service/Relations
- A strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Some of the following experience is required:
- Experience in municipal fund accounting including the requirements of MGA (Municipal Government Act), PSAB (Public Sector Accounting Board)
- Wide range of general accounting and/or audit experience
- Experience with PC software such as Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint.
Previous experience with JD Edwards financial, GST in a municipal setting, training of end users, and systems implementation would be an asset.
- Ability to interpret and apply advanced accounting principles, legislation and policy to accounting business practices.
- Ability to deal effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the public, other City departments and agencies, customers and vendors including conflict situations.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting reports.
- Ability to work with considerable independence and to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in establishing and achieving business objectives.
Ability to handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and deal tactfully in an open and political environment.
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
$44.88 to $47.24 per hour.
Hours of Work:
75 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.