New Job Financial Analyst In Nova Scotia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Full-Time - Hybrid Nova Scotia - HQ located in Truro, NS
The members of the Inland Group of Companies (IDS, Inland Technologies, and Quantem Aviation Services) are highly experienced in aircraft de-icing, environmental management, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in four countries. Inland delivers services at small and large airports across North America and internationally using a range of technologies and customized equipment systems that are purpose-built to meet our clients’ needs.
The Financial Analyst supports the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in the preparation of pricing estimates, budgets and forecasts, and internal financial analysis.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include (but not limited to):
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for the Inland Group of Companies ensuring upload of final product into accounting General ledgers.
- Prepare forecasts/projections with inputs from sales and operations, adjusting for actual results.
- Prepare and facilitate pricing models for new business, working with sales and operational management incorporating historical trends, breaking out fixed and variable components.
- Month end review/analysis of company financials and variance analysis for management.
- Monthly reporting of metrics to management and developing new metrics as determined;
- Excel modelling and analysis.
- Work cooperatively with all team members and external stakeholders involved in the completion of assigned duties.
- Perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request.
- 3- 5 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A professional accounting or finance designation is preferred but not required.
- Expert knowledge of Excel. Working knowledge of other Microsoft programs.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization software would be considered an asset.
- Experience with financial systems in use at Inland, including Sage accounting and Agiloft, would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the aviation industry considered an asset.
- Strong analytical ability and experience developing data driven metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all departments within the company, including operations, human resources, accounting, etc.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and meet deadlines and must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong customer service orientation to include increasing customer satisfaction, meeting customer expectations, solving customer problems, soliciting opinions and ideas from customers, and responding effectively to the internal customer.
- Must maintain high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
Conditions Of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position. The Inland Group thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the Inland HR Team, quoting posting number 23-38. Full job description available upon request.
Please apply online.
Inland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2022 & 2021
Deloitte Private, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
The Inland Group of Companies
EcoVadis (Certified Sustainability Performance Ratings)
The Inland Group of Companies