New Job Finance Officer In Prince Edward Island
Company : Government of Prince Edward Island
Salary : $25.77–$30.75 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
(2) Finance Officer opportunities with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $25- $30 an hour
- Permanent with Flexible Hours
- Pension and Benefits
- Training and Development Funds
- and much more!
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals.
This position reports to the Manager of Finance and supports the effective financial management of the Social Development and Seniors Department. The purpose of this position is to provide advice and assistance to management and departmental staff as it relates to financial and administrative functions of the Department. The work associated with this position is at a corporate level, independent in nature and critical to the successful day to day operation of the department.
- Ensure that staff of the Department process payments in accordance with the Financial Administration Act, Procurement of Goods Act and Treasury Board Policy;
- Respond to inquiries from suppliers, departmental staff and other departments concerning the status of accounts/payments;
- Monitor travel claims to ensure prior approval was obtained in advance of travel, claims are prepared and paid in accordance with Treasury Board Policy and Procedures;
- Complete invoicing to internal and external clients of the Department and invoicing for federal/provincial claims, salary recoveries and secondments;
- Receive cash and cheques and prepare deposits. Determine accuracy of cash deposits;
- Provide training for new finance staff of department on the accounts payable, accounts receivable and I-expense modules, as well as, relevant general ledger reporting of the Oracle Financial system;
- Generate reports through Oracle to provide information to the director, manager and divisional staff;
- Provide advice and assistance to managers and senior staff on requirements that are to be followed as per the Procurement of Goods Act, Financial Administration Act, Treasury Board Policies and Procedures and department specific policies and procedures;
- Monitor the assignment and use of the province’s fleet of vehicles as per Treasury Board Policy and Procedures manual;
- Assign, manage and audit government credit cards;
- Lead the process for the collection of delinquent accounts as per Treasury Board Policy;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or a related area of study.
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered.
- Considerable experience in accounting and financial processes.
- Experience using government financial information systems or comparable financial information systems.
- Understanding of accrual accounting, bank reconciliations, budget process of government and receivables management.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work independently and effectively manage time as well as ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interpret policy and legislation and suggest appropriate means of action, as well as advising departmental staff on compliance (i.e. Finance Administration Act, Procurement of Goods Act, Treasury Board Policy and Procedures).
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment.
- Experience and proficiency of the Oracle Financial System, specifically the accounts payable, receivable and purchase modules would be considered an asset.
- Experience using Sage 50 Software would be considered an asset.
Please Note: Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The "Notification of Successful Candidates" list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.77-$30.75 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE C1A 1M7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-30