New Job Executive Assistant In New Brunswick
Company : The Salvation Army
Salary : $20.00–$22.32 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
To provide efficient and effective administrative support to Lakeview Manor.
- Performs general office duties, including answers, screens and directs telephone calls enquires; greets and escorts visitors; files documents electronically or manually; photocopies and distributes materials as requested; sends and receives documents and material as requested.
- Distribute both incoming and outgoing mail daily
- Arrange calendar entries, invitations, and scheduling
- Order facility supplies and stationary, and maintain accurate inventory
- Schedules meetings, prepares agenda, and takes minutes, record, prepare and distribute minutes for all facility meetings
- Maintain facility inventory of equipment and furnishings
- Types correspondence and documents for management team as required
- Maintain daily resident attendance list
- Maintain archives, including regular shredding of items based on record retention policies and standards.
- Make travel arrangements and accommodation for management staff
- Assist in organizing facility events and trainings
- Maintains data base of volunteers, residents, resident families and donors
- Process all information required for admission and discharge of residents
- Coordinate with divisional and territorial staff to prepare service certificates for staff according to policy
- Assist the managers in the recruitment process as requested
- Support managers with IT related requests
- Replace staff absences as requested.
CRITICAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Work with facility staff
- Communicate with facility managers
- Work with the divisional staff as required
MANAGERIAL/TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY:
- This position reports directly to the Executive Director
- No managerial responsibilities
FINANCIAL AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
- Receive and forward corporate visa statements for facility staff; offer support as needed
- Organize all Coding, billing, and processing of facility invoices and vouchers
- Maintain and balance petty cash for the facility
- Manage resident trust accounts
- Correctly ascribing revenue
- Prepare funds for service providers (podiatrist, hairdresser, etc.)
- Process resident cheques and pre-authorized payments as requested.
- Prepare resident monthly invoices, send invoices for private pay residents
- Receive cash, issue receipts, prepare and complete bank deposits
- Type purchase orders
- Process Pharmacy invoices for residents
- Sell meal tickets
- Assist with accounting and payroll functions as required
- This is an office working environment
- Majority of tasks will take place at the facility
- Some travel may be required (under 10% of time)
- Public and resident interaction daily requiring de-escalation skills, patience and understanding.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of a formal post-secondary/college diploma program of 2 academic years.
- A combination of training and experience in administrative skills.
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience including experience dealing with office equipment and tools, and senior administrative/secretarial experience
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Teams) and web-based software; experience with Office 365
- Strong sense of urgency and proven capability to manage time and multi-task to accomplish multiple and various tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Effectively and efficiently manages relationships, expectations, and concerns, in a professional and courteous manner, and develops and leverages professional knowledge and working relationships for the benefit of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of integrity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Must display sound judgment, strong attention to detail, and willingness to take initiative
- Self-starter capable of working independently with limited direction
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Participates in the nursing home’s continuous quality improvement program to improve resident, staff, department, and facility performance outcomes; participates in audits and measures for Matrix Index Performance Report (MIPR) as required.
- Proficiency in French an asset
Working Conditions: Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: June 26th, 2023
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Please note any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.