New Job Disaster And Emergency Management, Technical Advisor In Alberta
|Disaster and Emergency Management, Technical Advisor|
Disaster and Emergency Management, Technical Advisor
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients. We are a service-based organization made up of great people who work hard to get the job done and deliver excellence in the communities where we work and live.
Are you looking to join a team of professionals, passionate about climate and community resilience in pursuit of a better tomorrow? We’re looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our growing team. Working from our Calgary Office, or virtually with regular trips to the Calgary Office, as well as in the field, the Disaster and Emergency Management, Technical Advisor, will deliver best-practice Emergency Management programming on behalf of this dynamic division within ATCO Frontec.
The role is highly strategic and supports the establishment of significant long-term relationships through well designed programming and the delivery of positive project impact.
What You Get To Do:
- Be responsible for the development and execution of best-practice activities including needs assessments, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments, Emergency Response Plans, programs, etc. ensuring the highest quality deliverables.
- Assist with the development of mitigation strategies in response to climate related risks.
- Facilitate a growing portfolio of community education and engagement initiatives.
- Perform comprehensive research, analysis, and data interpretation in support of portfolio projects.
- Explore industry trends and lead concept development for innovative climate resilience solutions.
- Provide technical writing services supporting the development of proposals, project reporting, and other key divisional initiatives.
- Play a leading role in business development activities as well as relationship management across the portfolio, engaging proactively, compassionately, and efficiently with clients and all project contributors.
- Work effectively across diverse clientele (Indigenous communities, governments, private sector, etc.).
What You Bring:
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field, master’s degree would be preferred. Knowledge in Emergency Management, Disaster Risk Reduction methodologies and Sustainability models would be considered an asset. Project Management experience would be viewed favorably.
- Experience: Proven ability, minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field. A proficiency in Emergency Management or, Disaster Risk Reduction, community engagement, client relations, Project Management, research, technical writing, and solid understanding of Indigenous relations would all be considered assets.
- Proficient problem-solving skills, flexibility, and a willingness to improvise, resolve conflicts, and solve unique and ever changing challenges quickly.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a Security Clearance Check. Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices. ATCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website for more information.