New Job Director, Strategic And Legislative Services In Saskatchewan
|Director, Strategic and Legislative Services|
Director, Strategic and Legislative Services
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $8,531–$11,088 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
We love the outdoors. We nourish the arts and culture. We encourage sport and recreation. We explore and preserve our past. We are passionate about this province and foster that passion in others. We are a diverse ministry and value a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We are seeking a dynamic senior leader for the position of Director, Strategic and Legislative Services. As a member of the Ministry’s Senior Leadership Team, this position will be part of a high-performing team with the mandate to instill pride and enhance economic growth through the provision of arts, culture, recreation, sport, and tourism opportunities, and stewardship of provincial heritage resources and of the Saskatchewan provincial parks system.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Strategic and Corporate Services Branch, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a diverse team with multiple, competing priorities in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with clients and teams across the Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport.
- The Ministry's performance record through the successful deployment of the strategic plan and integrated continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing consultative and facilitation services to the senior leadership and project teams on a variety of continuous improvement and planning tools.
- Leading the Ministry’s performance management activities including internal and external reporting.
- Overseeing legislative services including development and review of cabinet documents, legislation, and regulations.
- Coordinating Freedom of Information and Access to Information inquiries.
We are seeking a result-oriented individual to contribute to the success of the senior management team through collaborative and integrative solutions. Our candidate of choice will possess proven leadership abilities combined with a sound knowledge and extensive experience with strategic planning, performance management and public sector reporting. The ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with stakeholders is essential.
Knowledge and experience in developing and sustaining organizational accountability structures, contributing to a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and employee engagement is required for this position. This position provides an excellent opportunity to apply and enhance your abilities to contribute strategic advice and apply your experience in maneuvering government decision-making in the development of policy, programs and services for the ministry, partners, and stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in administration or related field. In addition, you will have several years of experience in senior management having provided high quality leadership in the delivery of strategic and legislative services. Assets will also include project or change management certification and direct experience in planning and continuous improvement methodologies and frameworks.