New Job Director Of Adventure & Experience In Alberta
|Director of Adventure & Experience|
Director of Adventure & Experience
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Join the team at Fairmont Banff Springs. Set in one of Western Canada’s most spectacular alpine destinations, Banff offers a unique community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It's the perfect work/life combination.
Director of Adventure & Experience
At the Fairmont Banff Springs it is the responsibility of the Director, Adventures & Experiences to oversee the Resort Activities, Guiding and Special Event activities and/or the team that provides this service to our guests. The Director, Adventures & Experiences Manager is responsible for the development, vision, and execution of the resort’s activities that drive value for the Resort Experience Fee and support the rate strategy.
Additionally the Director, Adventures & Experiences will partner with various departments or organizations to develop new value-adding activities for the Resort. I
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status employees
- One complimentary meal per shift in our staff cafeteria (additional meals can be purchased for $4/meal)
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Vision & Dental) including extended benefits like; Mental Health (up to $5,000/year), Orthodontics (up to $2,500/year), Fertility Drugs and Gender Affirmation (Lifetime maximum of $10,000) for full time permanent status employees
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer matching up to 5% of annual earnings for full time permanent status employees
- Employee travel program with discounts on room rates as well as on food & beverage at Fairmont & Accor properties world-wide
- Access to the Mountain Explorer Travel Program – exclusive room rates for colleagues, which includes 50% off all food & beverage when staying at Fairmont Resorts in Lake Louise, Jasper & Whistler (subject to availability)
- Comprehensive wellness platform (LifeWorks) for employee mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts while using our resort’s Food & Beverage Outlets, Fitness Centre, Spa and Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Courses
- Automatically added to our resort’s Colleague Lifestyle Program which includes access to staff activities and events
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the overall strategic vision of resort activation and animation
- Discover new opportunities to develop new experiences that drive value and connect guests with Banff National Park
- Oversee all Resort Activities that include youth, family, shuttle and other programs at the Fairmont Banff Springs.
- Responsible for the vision and direction of all exclusive castle/private guiding experiences (transport, safety, liaison for luxury group & private experiences).
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and implementing seasonal special events
- Liaise with Parks Canada to ensure all programs are licensed correctly
- Liaise with Banff Lake Louise Tourism and attend the Advisory Board for Member Events to act as a representative of the Fairmont Banff Springs to ensure our programming is aligned with the destination
- Develop Tennis Club program including summer camps & member events
- Collaborate with other divisions to activate & animate different areas of the resort in order to drive value perception
- Provide leadership, coaching and development, communication and recognition for all direct reports.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing team on how animation and activation fit into the storytelling of the resort.
- Develop relationships with external vendors to develop new and exciting experiences for guests as part of the Resort Experience
- Follow internal and external trends to identify new opportunities for resort activation and experiences
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members in order to build new experiences
- Create and ensure compliance with sustainable environmental initiatives.
- Ensure the department follows all Health & Safety guidelines
- Find new revenue opportunities within the world of recreation and activities
- Budget and forecast departmental needs
- Facilitate month end process for department
- Build and maintain relationships with external service providers
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- University/College degree or related schooling associated with recreation, education, entertainment or related field of study strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years of current or previous management experience in a related field.
- Proven experience managing complex policies and detailed operational procedures.
- A proven record of excellent guest service skills.
- Able to work independently as well as lead a team.
- Must be a highly responsible, self-motivated, creative, energetic and organized.
- Budgeting and accounting experience an asset.
- Experience in special events an asset
- Experience with Guiding Operations or Tour Operations an asset
- Experience developing programming within a National Park an asset
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, email and web searches.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor? We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in at Fairmont Banff Springs, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com