New Job Coordinator, Forest Operations In Alberta
|Coordinator, Forest Operations|
Coordinator, Forest Operations
Company : ATCO Group
Salary : $41.48 an hour
Location : Alberta
Division: Operations, Electricity Division
Location: Slave Lake, AB
Salary: Started rate is $41.48 per hour
Always there. Anywhere. That’s us! We are committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care about our communities, we care about each other, and we care about showing up for those who need us. We value and encourage different perspectives and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it’s hard.
This position is responsible to support the implementation of annual vegetation management programs, completing vegetation patrols on Transmission and Distribution power line rights-of-way, documenting vegetation conditions and hazards and recommending vegetation control treatments. This field-based position meets with land-owners, prepares landowner consent documents and obtains permission and approval for the planned vegetation control activities from private landowners and public agencies. The position supports the delivery of annual vegetation control programs by inspecting contractor work, resolving customer concerns, completing Job Observations on contractor crews, and monitoring / tracking contractor productivity and contractor costs on assigned projects.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
What You Get to Do:
- Patrols power line rights-of-way, documents vegetation conditions, and recommends remedial actions.
- Measures vegetation management sites, details the scope of work required, and negotiates with landowners for permission to complete the required vegetation control work.
- Identifies, documents, and marks danger trees and vegetation hazards.
- Negotiates landowner consent for proposed vegetation control work.
- Prepares cost estimates for vegetation control work and clearing rights of way for new projects.
- Monitors contractor progress, quality, safety, and environmental performance on assigned projects.
- Participates in job planning, completes contractor start-up and post completion meetings.
- Communicates performance expectations to contract crews.
- Inspects completed projects for compliance to standards and project scope of work.
- Takes required actions to correct unsafe conditions or work practices by contract crews.
- Supports the investigation of contractor incidents.
- Completes final inspections and reports for assigned project work.
- Coordinates the delivery of CCM for assigned area.
- Monitors and tracks contractor productivity and costs on assigned projects.
- Supports work group and District’s efforts in building and enhancing customer relationships.
- Supports First Nations and Aboriginal community’s participation in work opportunities.
- Supports District’s participation in community Fire Smart initiatives.
- Negotiates with third parties for access, road use and pipeline crossing approvals.
- Meets with landowners to mitigate landowner concerns and contractor deficiencies.
- Investigates and resolves issues resulting from vegetation control activities on crown lands.
- Notifies Alberta Agriculture and Forestry when hazard reduction activities are completed.
- Technical Diploma in Forestry or related field
- Registered Professional Forest Technologist or Registered Professional Forester designation is preferred.
- ISA certification, UVM professional designation, CUA (Certified Utility Arborist), UTT ticket or equivalent/related is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety, and environmental values.
- Knowledge of forest management, land-use regulations, wildfire prevention, and contractor HSE management.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to promote effective vegetation control and power line safety requirements to landowners.
- Ability to manage projects and contractors.
- Good planning, organization and business writing skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills with a willingness to learn and understand treaties, land claims and traditional land use issues.
- Good computer skills and experience working with databases, (experience working with GIS mapping systems and GPS equipment would be considered an asset).
- 2 years of experience in vegetation management, right-of-way vegetation control, requirements, best practices and standards, contract administration and contractor management.
- Valid vehicle operator license (Class 5).
- Extensive travel is required.
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ATCO Electric is part of ATCO Ltd. ATCO delivers inspired solutions for a better world. We are a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics, Utilities, Energy Infrastructure, Retail Energy, Transportation and Commercial Real Estate. Learn more about how we build communities, energize industries and deliver customer-focused solutions like no other company in the world at www.atco.com. ATCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website for more information.
This position is administered under the ATCO Electric and Canadian Energy Workers Association Collective Agreement, Job Posting Provisions.