New Job Computer Support Specialist In Quebec
|Computer Support Specialist|
Computer Support Specialist
Company : National Research Council Canada
Salary : $74,552–$93,612 a year
Location : Quebec
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a Computer Support Specialist to support our Knowledge, Information, and Technology Services Branch (KITS). The Computer Support Specialist would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity. You might be the person we are looking for to fill our Computer Support Specialist position (CS-2) to administer a Computer Management System
The incumbent will work as a member of the Standards and Desktop Infrastructure team within the Knowledge, Information, and Technology Services Branch (KITS), providing clients with IT support services for distributed computers and networks within the various Research Centres/Branches/IRAP of NRC.
The incumbent will be involved with the deployment of software to users, manage the deployment of Win10 update features, manage the Microsoft productivity applications deployment, research and analyze issues about software deployment as well as provide sound advice and expertise to clients, other team members and management.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science from a recognized University or a Technical College diploma in Computer Science or a related field.
An equivalent combination of education and direct experience may be considered.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant* experience in administering a Computer Management System (Broadcom ITMS, Microsoft SCCM or other).
- Significant* experience in supporting Microsoft desktop operating systems in Windows 10.
- Basic experience in supporting Linux based operating systems.
- Experience in programming scripts in Powershell and vbscript.
- Basic experience in Microsoft SQL based database administration.
- Basic experience in the networking concept TCP/IP Protocol.
- Significant signifies more than 2 years of experience.
Condition of Employment
English or French
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10).
- Ability to research and analyze complex IT issues as well as provide sound advice and expertise to clients, other team members, and management.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP suite of protocols.
- Solid Knowledge of a Computer Management System such as Broadcom ITMS or Microsoft SCCM.
- Ability to create basic SQL query.
- Ability to create Powershell or vbscript scripts.
- Knowledge of automated software deployment.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system administration.
- Technology support - Client focus (Level 2)
- Technology support - Communication (Level 2)
- Technology support - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 2)
- Technology support - Initiative (Level 2)
- Technology support - Results orientation (Level 1)
- Technology support - Teamwork (Level 2)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Technology Support
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $74,552 to $93,612 per annum.
An incumbent occupying a position within the CS Group is currently entitled to receive a terminable allowance of $176 per month.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (19757) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 June 2023 - 23:59 Eastern Time