New Job Collections Coordinator In Alberta
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $42.65 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 2081
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Financial Services, Accounting Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL9
Start Rate*: $ 42.65
Permanent Rate*: $ 50.10 (Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment)
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 02/07/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
- All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Collections Coordinator pursues the collection of all delinquent receivables and ensures that the pertinent bylaws, policies, and procedures are enforced with respect to payment.
Contacts clients/customers who are delinquent in payment of RMWB accounts, including but not limited to Ambulance, Utilities, and General Trade.
- Collects payments of various purposes and accounts and attempts to secure payments within specific time frames.
- Initiates action to disconnect utility services for non-payment of delinquent accounts and coordinates the restoring services upon payment.
- Develops and maintains an extensive system collection files for follow-up.
- Coordinates utility accounts being transferred to taxes.
- Coordinates accounts sent to collection agencies.
- Consults with various municipal departments requiring collection assistance.
- Responds promptly to public enquiries concerning delinquent or potentially delinquent accounts.
- Meets with delinquent customers to negotiate and coordinate payment schedules and enforce collection for non-compliance to agreed upon structured settlements.
- Assists with development and recommends procedures for the collection of all delinquent accounts and determines the collectability of such accounts.
- Initiates and recommends requests to write off uncollectable debt and responds to bankruptcy notices.
- Receives and responds to written and verbal enquiries and complaints regarding collections.
- Uses multiple computer programs, which may include AS400, SAP and Flexsuite.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrable knowledge of delinquent account collection techniques and practices.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of the interpretation and application of the Municipal Government Act, bankruptcy procedures, and related municipal bylaws, policies, and procedures.
- Must possess tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to gather, organize, and analyze data.
- Demonstrable skills in general mathematics and numeracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of people using judgement, and sound decision-making skills, sometimes in situations of conflict.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certificate in Business Administration or Accounting is required.
- Two (2) years of debt collection experience is required.
- Successful completion of debt collection training is an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, and complying with all policies, practices, and procedures. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal Careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.