New Job Clk 15R - Senior Customer Service Representative In British Columbia
|CLK 15R - Senior Customer Service Representative|
CLK 15R - Senior Customer Service Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $57,297–$64,805 a year
Location : British Columbia
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
If you're looking for an exciting role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you're after. As the Senior Customer Service Representative (SCSR) with Service BC in Dease Lake, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of statutory and other programs in a fast-paced environment.
Service BC is a core business area within the Ministry and the provincial government's chief provider of front line services to the public by phone, in-person and over the internet. Service BC’s government-wide mandate is to ensure citizens, businesses and the broader public sector have convenient access to high-quality, seamless government services.
The Service Delivery Branch is responsible for the management and operation of Service BC’s in-person regional points of service, including over 62 Service BC Centres and Community Access Terminal Sites.
As the Senior Customer Service Representative, you will provide service in a broad range of statutory and other programs by in-person counter service, telephone and correspondence contacts. The SCSR is the front-line contact in the delivery of these services. As the SCSR, you are expected to be knowledgeable and customer service-oriented, and to exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC. You will also provide daily staff supervision, including the delegation of tasks/work assignments.
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent (GED).
- Experience providing customer/client service experience.
- Experience with conflict management and dealing with emotionally charged individuals or groups.
- Clerical/admin experience, education and/or relevant training.
- Experience in word processing and other computer applications such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Experience leading teams, projects, or the delivery of a program.
- Experience resolving customer/client complaints or addressing issues within a team.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Diploma or Certification or higher in human resources management, business administration, financial management or other related field from a recognized institution.
- More years of experience in any of the above requirements.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Experience providing service through multiple channels (e.g., in-person, phone, email).
- Clerical and Administrative office experience in a public service sector environment. (e.g., Municipal, Provincial, Federal).
- Experience in handling financial transactions (e.g., payment processing, cash handling) from the public.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, policies, and procedures particularly in the area of finance and budgets.
- Experience using analytics to make informed business decisions, allocate resources, and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience using databases to enter, update, search, retrieve, or extract information ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
Proviso / Willingness Statements:
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education, and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
This position works full-time in the office.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.