New Job Clerk B - Billing Representative In Manitoba
|Clerk B - Billing Representative|
Clerk B - Billing Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
As the Billing Representative you will respond to customer inquiries and accept account information related to billing of utility charges within the Utility Billing Centre.
The Customer Service Division employs both English and bilingual employees. We welcome applications from both English speaking and bilingual applicants.
As the Clerk B – Billing Representative you will:
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns in a courteous and positive manner, verbally and in writing, by:
- Determining and clarifying the nature of calls/emails and what action is required
- Resolving situations at the initial point of contact, if possible
- Explaining departmental policy and procedures in detail (including rationale)
- Searching accounts and explaining billings and adjustments
- Taking applications and cancellations for service
- Obtaining and entering meter readings into the Customer Care and Billing System and calculating consumption to determine normal usage
- Exploring reasons for higher or lower than normal water consumption
- Calculating and explaining consumption/cost difference between estimated bills and customer provided meter readings
- Arranging acceptable payment when customers are unable to pay by the billing due date
- Determining the need for meter inspections and scheduling appointments
- Initiating customer service requests through work management system
- Initiating outbound contact with customers to provide courtesy information
- Perform account research, as required.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification, as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High School graduation or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers in a courteous and positive manner, at times under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, by simultaneously performing functions such as active listening, navigating applications and entering detailed notes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts, the public, and work as part of a team with colleagues and supervisors in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately reconcile accounts and perform detailed calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- For bilingual positions, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both English and French (French - preferably at an intermediate level, subject to testing).
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer in a Windows environment.
- Ability to navigate and input data accurately using various systems, such as CCB (billing system), Customer Interaction Centre (telephony) and WAM (work management system).
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze pertinent information to problem solve and exercise sound judgment when determining appropriate action while adhering to process, by-laws and legislation.
- Ability to consistently handle a minimum number of transactions per assigned interaction type, such as inbound calls, emails and outbound calls.
- Ability to learn general working knowledge of the Water and Waste Department in a reasonable period of time.
- Must have demonstrated acceptable attendance record in accordance with the Attendance Management Policy and past work performance as it relates to this position.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.